Sign in to follow this  
jack45

LNB Replacement for Winegard Crank-up Dish

I’m thinking of changing to the Dish Network Mobile (dishformyrv) which they say works best with Receiver-Model VIP211k.

The Dish Receiver (Model VIP211k) works or requires (at a minimum) a dual LNB supposedly because they use two different signals or satelites 110 & 119.

Here’s the question/problem; on my MH, I have a Winegard RM Manual Crank-up with a single LNB.

Is there a way to change or modify the current single LNB with a suitable dual LNB replacement that will work with the as installed Winegard RM Manual Crank-up?

Thanks, Jack Ricardo

Guest BillAdams

Dish Network actually suggests that the best reception will be with a twin LNB for the Dish 500 service (that's 2 LNB's whereas a dual LNB is only one LNB with dual outputs).

You cannot update your current crank-up antenna to work with this service. You can point that antenna to either 119 or 110 should you want to watch programming on either of those satellites but there is nothing you can do that would allow you to change that antenna to receive both satellites simultaneously.