seajaycecil@yahoo.com

Good recharging idea (maybe?)

If you guys are like me you got about a zillion ''thingies'' that have to be recharged by

plugging them into a cord or a box or an outlet or something.

We have rechargeable flashlights, camera batteries, screwdrivers, hair clippers and

a host of other ''stuff'' that needs to be recharged or it aint worth hauling.

Here is what I did to simplify the situation.........

On my overhead cabinet over the recliner on the passenger side there is a outlet in

the bottom side of the cabinet. I unhooked from shore power and took the front off

of the outlet. I pulled the outlet down and out of the bottom of the cabinet. I took my drill and

carefully drilled a 7/16 inch hole thru the bottom side of the inside of the cabinet...

I went to WallyWorld and bought one of those six plug outlets with a off on switch and a reset

on it and I cut the plug off the cord. I poked the electrical cord thru the 7/16 hole and down to the

outlet plug. I put a ''sizeing of tape'' around the electrical cord to prevent it from being pulled backwards

thru the hole. I carefully stripped the wires and put black to black ..... white to white... and ground to

ground and re tightened all the screws.......I TURNED THE SHORE POWER ON AND ..... VOILAAAAAA.. I

had a plug strip ''inside the cabinet''...... (I are so snart)

I turned the shore power back off and re-crammed everything back into the outlet box being extra careful

not to pinch or kink any wires. I put the cover

back on the outside and I went and got all my chargers, plug boxes, and other ''thingies'' needed to

keep everything charged up and plugged them into the gang strip inside the cabinet. I labled all

the chargers with a silver felt tip pen as to what charges which item and plugged it into the strip.

I found everything that takes a charge and plugged it into the appropriate charger and now when I reach for

something........

one.... I know where it is.........in the cabinet

two.... If we have been on shore power lately... it is charged and ready to use.

three....I have a place to put my rechargeable stuff and I can find it in the dark.

four.... I have solved the problem as to which charger goes to which item and we dont have stuff laying all over the sofa, kitchen counter or dining room table, the oversize breakfront china cabinet with the large double

glass doors that holds the 12 place setting of china by Royal Duel ton with the hand painted periwinkles with double glazing, the tea cart server or by the whirlpool tub or up in the attic while they are being charged.

Remember this..... If you use this idea you will have to pay me ten cents for me being ''snart'' and solving a problem

before it gets out of hand. I will collect the ten cents the next time I see you......

Seajay the sailor man ......

Hi SEAJAY,

Your idea is a real winner. Right now, our "charger central" is a shelf in the bedroom. It has room to hold everything, but it looks like a rats nest. The wife is complaining all the time about how it looks. Your idea goes on my list of things to do.

Great idea SEAJAY, I'll credit 10 cents to your account! And I'll give it a try when we get to a a fixed location for a while.

I did something similar this fall when we got to our winter quarters. I plugged a power strip into the outlet above the recliner and attached the power end to the underside of a small table that I built. It fits under the fold out table that I use for my printer. The under table held my photo printer, two 1TB drives and the USB port to connect them all. That way I could plug in one USB cable to my computer and be connected to everything! Then with everything plugged into the power strip I just flipped the switch on it to turn it all on or off. All this wonderful technology has its challenges! Having all the support power packs and chargers sure helps! Thanks.