msgtnobody

Slideout's Don't Work

Just got to RV site (Western Village in PA)and set up. Go to extend front and rear slide out and nothing. Have to admit this is only 2nd time taking out RV since buying it(2001 Fourwind Windsport 35D).

We tested all systems 3 days prior to leaving and the slides worked without any problems. I can't figure what it could be.

All fuses seem to be OK. Any suggestions out there??

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Best advice is to pull out your coach's owners manual. Each manufacturer has it's own sequence for proper deployment and stowing of slides.

Some require engine on (to insure good voltage), some jacks down, in park, etc.

Brett

I went through owners manual and still nothing to help???

Sorry, need more details.

Did you not find a section on proper sequence to deploy slides?

Found it, followed it and it still did not deploy?

If the latter, what sequence do they recommend?

Thanks.

Brett

Just got to RV site (Western Village in PA)and set up. Go to extend front and rear slide out and nothing. Have to admit this is only 2nd time taking out RV since buying it(2001 Fourwind Windsport 35D).

We tested all systems 3 days prior to leaving and the slides worked without any problems. I can't figure what it could be.

All fuses seem to be OK. Any suggestions out there??

Sarg.

Does either one work?

Can you hear anything when you try to extend your slides? Motor? Clicking? Dead silence?

Do you have power on to everything in the coach?

Were you on battery or shore power when you extended them before?

Did you check for tripped brakers?

Have you kicked the tires? (Doesn't help but sometimes makes you feel better)

Have you called your dealer where you bought the coach?

Call your coach Mfg. (You might start here.)

So many questions so few answers. :huh:

Good luck Sarg. When you find the answer post it here so others may benifit.

I tried both switches totally silent no clicks creaks or bangs. :blink:

I tested slides on gen power 3 days prior to leaving. They worked great. Tried on gen power after they didn't work on shorepower at RV site. Still nothing.

About ready to give up and pay a professional :angry:

No "clicks, creaks or bangs" would suggest either in interlock issue (things like engine on/off, in park, etc) or just no 12 VDC to the slide motor.

The slide out on our coach has a 50A circuit breaker (no fuse) located in the coach battery compartment. It is unmarked and only resembles a circuit breaker because it has a small reset button. Just a thought.

I'm not familiar with your coach at all, but in my Gulfstream I must have the driver's seat all the way forward in addition to the things others have previously posted.

Well I finally got it checked out by RV mechanic and it seems that the motor/pump was bad????

I didn't know that one motor ran both slides??

Just have to see if extended warranty covers replacement costs?

Seems like RV shop is having hard time finding replacement parts(motor & pump) to fix slide out problem. Anybody got any recommendations?

Well I finally got it checked out by RV mechanic and it seems that the motor/pump was bad????

I didn't know that one motor ran both slides??

Just have to see if extended warranty covers replacement costs?

msgtnobody,

What kind of slide mech. do you have? Hydraulic or screw? Mfg.? If you have the part number from the shop look up rvsalvage. There are lots for salvage yards out there and they just might have one. But it seems strange that a coach only 10 years and the factory can't provide a part or source.

I went baack and reread your post and it appears you have a Hydraulic unit. Call HWH. 563-724-3396. Then try the salvage yards.

Good Luck. :unsure: