bigdgr

Changing all belts on Cat 350

The suggestion to put new belts on our diesel pusher and keep the old belts for spares makes a lot of sense to me. Does anyone have any idea what the belts would cost and what the labor might run at a Cat dealer ? Old age and back & shoulder problems have really slowed this " farm boy " down. I will be taking my Travel Supreme to the Cat dealer here for a radiator flush and coolant change to ELC this week and am thinking of getting new belts as I have no spares. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Darrell

You don't mention what chassis you have and whether rear or side radiator.

With a rear radiator (so fan is direct drive off the hub) you have a Caterpillar speced water pump belt. And a chassis maker speced serpentine belt, since the chassis maker specs and installs things like the A/C compressor and alternator-- call them for belt size.

If side radiator, you may have an additional belt driving the pump for the hydraulic fan.

Labor cost will vary with how difficult access to the engine is. If side radiator, clearly less expensive and easier to service than a rear radiator.

Brett

Darrell,

Then you will have just the two belts: Caterpillar part number for the water pump belt.

Chassis maker speced belt for the serpentine belt. Look in your manual or contact your chassis maker for belt details. It is possible that a Caterpillar dealer may have one, but it will not be a Caterpillar part.

Brett