RichardFryer

Phoenix Cruiser Feedback

I'm considering buying a 2012 Phoenix Cruiser, Model 2552. I have never owned a Phoenix Cruiser and I am looking for input (pro and con) from those who own one now or have owned one in the past. Please, no dealers. I have only owned Class As and this will be my first Type B.

I have not owned one, but a friend of ours has had two. They were very satisfied, just decided to change floor plans. I have been through the factory twice with a supplier of side and floor panels. The construction and quality is great. It is a small but very dedicated company. They take care of their customers. Hopefully, you will agree if you do purchase one.

I have owned a 84 Itasca 26' Class C, a 89 Pace Arrow 34' Class A, 92 Ultra Star 28' Class A, 96 Chinook 21' Class C, a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer 34' Class A and now a 2010 Phoenix Cruiser 2350 23' Class C. The Chinook was the best built one with the Phoenix Cruiser being the second best. When you order from the factory, you can request changes to the motorhome while it is being built and after you get the factory will work with you like no other company I have ever dealt with. The 2552 model came about because several owners like the 2551 but wanted a chair up front. One owner wanted to take the granddaughter with them in a chair, so the Kermit and Stuart worked with them by making the unit one foot longer and adding the chair. I sometimes wish they had this model when I bought mine. I do like the smaller size of the 2350 and I can go any where I want in it. You should go the Phoenix forum and read how much the owners like their units and how well the factory works with them on every thing. Some owners have had two and even three PCs. Most of us are afraid to stop by the factory for fear of leaving with a new motorhome. You will see my post there as well.

Edit: I just noticed when you posted. I don't normally get on this forum, so sorry I am so late posting.

I own the 2551 which is similar to the 2552, only a foot shorter. We chose this manufacturer because of the quality of workmanship and the ease of driving the 26.5 foot motor home. The Phoenix Cruiser is lower than most vehicles in this length and i think that helps with the stability. It comes on the F450 chassis. The sides are tapered and it is narrower than similar length RVs. We considered the 2552 which comes with a dinette option for the slide that is no longer available with the 2551. We never sat at the dinette in the in the 2552, but we felt the dinette in the older PC was tight. Our slide has a sofa option which provides good back support. The 2552 comes with the side chair behind the passenger, we have been told to ask the company to exchange out that chair for a chair matching the passenger seat, and that is probably a good option.

I have posted information on our 2551 at a blog. Check out http://ourphoenixcruiserrv.com for additional information on our vehicle including our decision process in this purchase.

After having a Slide-in and 3 Class A types, we are on our 3rd Phoenix Cruiser (2350, 25551 & 2552).

We can say nothing bad about the PC people but many good. The after sale support, even for older models, is better than any we've had before.

Hanlont says it true and we will avoid visiting the factory. They just make it too easy to upgrade.

You owe it to yourself to at least have a look at the Phoenix Cruiser forum and products.

We are looking to downsize from our Class A. Phoenix Cruiser looks like a great candidate. Two things bother me though. From the video's and pictures (which can be deceiving) it looks like low ceiling. While I am just under 6 ' I have two sone that are a couple of inches over 6' ..... hate to have them having to spend visit time all bent over. The second question is relating to the power plant. Is the V-10 the only option? Any diesel options? That V-10 from what I can remember is a gas hog. I would hate to loose ten feet in length and have worse gas mileage than my present 8 mpg. Any thoughts are appreciated.