Guest Wayne77590

James Island County Park, South Carolina

Guest Wayne77590

This is a County Park with full hook up. A small store, propane, and most of all, a doggie park with water access. The Doggie park is at least two foot ball fields, and then some, plus two beach accesses for the pups to play in the lake.

The sites are gravel, but the access roads to them are paved. Sites are level as level can be with gravel. There are numerous walking and bike riding trails. Also there is a water park that is open on the weekends. I'm not sure if they every open during the weekl, but it is early in the season, but surely hot enough here.

As we drove in, my wife stated, "This is a destination park, there is something to do for everyone."

They honor Good Sam.

Hay Wayne...... Does this park offer fishing. Does it have a place to launch a small boat? Since its a count park, how long

can you stay there? Some are limited to two weeks...... Is it ok to assume that this is on the ocean?

give more info.....

Seajay the sailor man

Guest Wayne77590

Seajay,

There is a tributary outlet of some type to the park. I believe I saw a boat ramp, but I'm not sure. You can look at an aerial map and see the connecting waterway. There is a lake and I did see fishing from the banks.

Best thing I can give you is the web site line for Charleston County Parks and Recreation Click on James Island County Park and get the phone number. Give them a call. Sorry I don't have more information.

No problem Wayne. I can dig out the info.

One suggestion my friend.

We stayed in county parks in Florida last winter. The limit of your stay was two weeks but you could '' drop our'' for

two weeks and then come back. One of these parks was E.G. SIMMIONS down on Tampa Bay. If you like water,

this is the place to be. They have about one hundred campsights right on the canal and the rest are just across the

road from the canal. It is down close to Tampa on the east side of the bay. It is close to a little town called ''REGISPLAT'' or something like that. It is one of those campgrounds that

the locals dont advertise. The only ''catch'' is that you cant make reservations but this is good because if you could

reserve spots us outsiders would never get in. The solution is to be there when they open the gate. You simply go inside

and put your name on a list and when someone leaves, you get their spot. All the sights are Water/Electric only so dump

before you go to your sight.

County parks are the best kept secret you never heard of. Most are un-advertised and you wont find most of them in

your Woodall book either. You have to ask the locals to find them usually.... If you go into one they can usually give you a map to others in the area. They are cheap with big campsights and we prefer to stay at them above anything else.

Be safe on the road my friend and if anyone gives you trouble just call on the NAVY and I will ''swoop'' to the rescue.... lol...

Seajay the sailor man