Sign in to follow this  
matt8892@verizon.net

Towing 2010 Ford Fusion

I am looking at possible buying a 2010 Ford Fusion with a V6 automatic engine and the sales man told me that it cant be towed. i thought that all cars can be flat towed with the proper mods. any thoughts???

Anyone here actually have a 2010 Fusion that they tow?? and I want to flat tow it by the way...

i am looking at possible buying a 2010 ford fusion with a V6 automatic engine and the sales man told me that it cant be towed. i thought that all cars can be flat towed with the proper mods. any thoughts??? anyone here actaully have a 2010 fusion that they tow?? and i wanna flat tow it by the way...

Do NOT trust any salesman to know and give you the correct informaiton on this.

READ the owners manual or give Ford a call.

Previous Fusions are towable 4 down (without major modification) only in manual transmission configuration.

Brett Wolfe

Do not due that.

I have replaced 2 transmissions. Ford has no answer. But I was also told no problem. Now I think I need a $2,000.00 pump system. :angry::huh:

I have a 4 cly auto trans 2010 Ford Fusion! :(

We tow a 2010 Ford Fusion 4 cyl auto no problems.

Had trans fluid put to right level and computer updated, and follow manual to the letter:

1 Start let run 5 min.

2 Shift D R N in that order and leave in neutral

3 Key in first setting (I use a regular key not the transponder one)

4 Not over 65 mph

So far no problems about 5000 miles

ps Touch wood( hand on head):-)

Don

I am looking at possible buying a 2010 Ford Fusion with a V6 automatic engine and the sales man told me that it cant be towed. i thought that all cars can be flat towed with the proper mods. any thoughts???

Anyone here actually have a 2010 Fusion that they tow?? and I want to flat tow it by the way...

It will not WORK :angry:

I have a 2010 Mercury Milan 6 cyl auto trans (sister to the Fusion) and have towed with no problems. Trans fluid need to be set to the lowest safe level (per owners manual). Ford also has a TSB on this which I print and take to the dealer when I have service work completed. Most of the service departments aren't aware of it. There have been problems if the proper level is not maintained.

According to the Ford 2010 official towing guide, which you can download from the internet, this vehicle can be towed all 4 wheels down. There are some limitations as to speed and AWD vs FWD. I would read the towing guide and owners manual and definitely would not rely on the salesman's comments as an authoritative source. The best source is the owners manual for that specific vehicle.

We have a 2011 Fusion V6 automatic with 1700 miles and have gone through 2 transmissions on this trip. We have followed all requirements and transmission levels and still the problems. The car is now in Colorado Springs and we are in Sturgis SD with a rental car provided by Ford. They are replacing the trans for the second time and then delivering it to us in SD.

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion in my garage right now that I worked with all last summer attempting to configure it to tow, (Adjust Trans. Fluid, Followed directions, Installed Remco pump) It never worked!!! I would certtainly not advise it! I am probably going to tow mine on a dolly, I think.

Anyone out there found a way to flat tow a 2010 Ford Fusion. I need help. 254 715 8190.

I would not flat tow a Ford Fusion because of all the failed transmissions. A manual shift transmission seems to be the way to go. I have a 5 speed that I have towed for about 100,000 miles.

I had a 2011 Ford Fusion and only towed it to campground and back, 25 miles each way. Bought the car because the manual says it can be towed 4 wheels down and am planning on full timing when I retire. After a couple of hundred miles towing it, I noticed the transmission starting to bang and slip.

I went to several FMCA sites and read all the negative comments about blown transmissions on Ford Fusions. Instead of taking a chance I traded it in on a new 2014 Jeep Wrangler which had been proven for years to be dependable and 4 wheels down towable. Wish I got the gas mileage on my Jeep that I did on the Fusion but certainly do not anticipate having any transmission problems either.

From everything I read Ford has stood behind the transmissions as long as you were still under warranty but after that you are on your own.

Good Luck, I would use a dolly or find a different vehicle.