Pogeybait

Randy, Linda, Molly and Willie

:rolleyes::);)

Hi, This is Linda and Randy along with our two Shih Tzu's, "Molly and Willie". I spent four years in the Marine Corps(1958-1962) which I dearly loved. I made many good friends there and still see some of them today. We (Linda and I) were married in 1963 and I was working for Hughes Aircraft and we traveled a great deal. Attended Middle Tennessee State and became a computer programmer. Worked for Rockwell International as a Data Processing Manager and later moved to Emerson Electric where I was a Division MIS Director. Retired from Emerson and became a third party business partner with IBM. While all of this was going on, Linda worked for the Bank of America in mortgage loans. Later she left the Bank of America and bought a mortgage company in Columbia, S.C. which she still owns today.

Now, to the motor home, if you had told me 12 years ago that I would own a motor home, I would have told you that you were crazy as a bat. About ten years ago my lovely wife and I went to a camping show and we were just looking around and we went in some of the units. I didn't know much about them and they were beautiful inside. Long story short, we bought a Pace Arrow 36 foot that day. I did not know anything about motor homing but I figured that I could learn. And learn I did. Sometimes the hard way.

As it turned out, it was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Since the Pace Arrow, we have slowly upgraded every two or three years. We traded for a Monaco Diplomat, then to a Monaco Windsor and later to a Monaco Dynasty and last year, we traded for a Holiday Rambler Navagator. I believe that the motor home actually saved me because of all the years of work and stress. When we get behind the wheel and leave home, we are free. (At least until someone calls from home with a problem.) We still have our home in Lexington, S.C. (Suburb of Columbia) and we have talked about going full time but that is the extent of it. Our daughter lives in Lexington also and is the controlller for the company. She also takes care of the house on our extended trips.

We have traveled across the country and planning another trip this summer. From Columbia to Texas, to the Grand Canyon, to Cody, Why. to Rapid City S.D. to St. Louis Mo. and home. If God is willing, that should be a nice trip and we are planning four months. We like to take our time to stop and see everything. We also enjoy meeting the folks, that is the best thing of all.

If you spot me in a Campground or on the road, I have a larger American Flag with a Marine Corps Eagle, Globe and Anchor on the back. On the road toot your horn, in the campground come over and let's chat a while.

Be Careful out there and God Bless,

Randy and Linda

post-3913-1242575641_thumb.jpg

post-3913-1242576063_thumb.jpg

Guest Wayne77590

Love your Colors.

When you get ready for that trip, and are passing through Texas, we are just 40 miles South of Houston, 14 miles from Galveston. Plenty of CG's in the area. USMC 1960-1984.

Semper Fi!

Love your Colors.

When you get ready for that trip, and are passing through Texas, we are just 40 miles South of Houston, 14 miles from Galveston. Plenty of CG's in the area. USMC 1960-1984.

Semper Fi!

Semper Fi, Marine!

Thank you, I love them too. A guy by the name of "Letterfly" did that for me. He works out of Lazy Days in Tampa. This is the third one that he has done for me. He is a good artist.

We will be coming your way around the first of next month. If we get close, I will try to get in touch. I am Seajays friend (I think) LOL! I read the conversation between you two and I am glad to get some relief. You know those swabbies, don't know when to shut up. You can always tell when they are embarassing themselves. Their mouths are moving. You gotta love them through. Seajay comes to see me every years in Florida and we always have a great time.

Attaching two pictures, one of Chesty and myself, and one of myself with an old F8U-2N from VMF-122, my old fighter squadron.

Take care, God Bless and Semper Fi,

Pogey

post-3913-1242670636_thumb.jpg

post-3913-1242670686_thumb.jpg

Guest Wayne77590

Chesty's chest is cut off! To bad. He's the better looking in the picture.

Glad to have been able to give you some relief from Seajay. But you can pick it up again, thanks.

Ah! 1st of next month we will be in New England. Presently at Camp Swampy staked out for 4 nights at Onslow Beach. Leaving here for Quantico on the 21st. Four nights in an expensive civilian camp then 10 days at Lunga.

Where in Texas are you headed? Are you just going to go across I-10? I may be able to give you some leads on where to stay.

Chesty's chest is cut off! To bad. He's the better looking in the picture.

Glad to have been able to give you some relief from Seajay. But you can pick it up again, thanks.

Ah! 1st of next month we will be in New England. Presently at Camp Swampy staked out for 4 nights at Onslow Beach. Leaving here for Quantico on the 21st. Four nights in an expensive civilian camp then 10 days at Lunga.

Where in Texas are you headed? Are you just going to go across I-10? I may be able to give you some leads on where to stay.

I believe that we will just miss you. We are schedule to stay in Alabama for a few night and planning on New Orleans for three or four nights which will put us coming into Texas about the 10th of June. I have a sister in San Antonio and we will be there for about a week and then on to the Grand Canyon.

You be careful out there,

Pogey

Guest Wayne77590

Unless you are parking in your sister's driveway, Braunig Lake RV Resort is very convenient to downtown San Antonio, is a full Passport America discount camp and has a good club house with participation in nightly events (we we were there). The premium spots K & L are much, much better for a longer stay than just a few nights, as the standard spots are VERY close together. Admiralty RV Resort is very nice, right next to Water World with shuttle to and from. We like SA. Lots to do there. Maybe we can catch you on your return trip, or as we pass through your neck of the woods someday.

Yoooooooooooh Randy. I just now noticed your posting on this forum and I would like to say WELCOME ABOARD

MY FRIEND. Its good to have another MARINE on here to poke fun at. I have been harassing (picking on) Wayne for

some time now and he may need a little help defending (fight back) himself from the slings and arrows of the NAVY. He (Wayne)

seems to be an all right fellow but he confuses (gets mixed up) easily so I have to use small words and short phrases

or he looses his attention (stay awake) span and starts drooling.

Seriously, Wayne is a fine fellow and I really respect (like) him even though he is a Marine. Just think, you two guys

could get together and find one more Marine and you guys would as ''SNART'' as one sailor.... lol....... (IM TEASING

WAYNE).........

Anyhow, WELCOME ABOARD MY FRIEND......

Be safe on the road.......

Wind to your back and smooth seas ahead..........

Seajay the sailor man..

ps .... are you doing any carving? I am working on the finial for the cane we are making Tex. Ill send you some

pix .......

I just noticed your post. I had two buddies that flew for the Corps about that time: the late Wyatt Baxter, Col, USMCR (Ret.), and Myron (Speedy) Margolis, also Col, USMCR (Ret.)

Me, why I was just a lowly HM1/Usn (1960-1969).

We also live in SC, in an over 55 community near Fort Mill. Followed our daughter and hubby from Phx, AZ who work for BofA.

Of this week for a trip to Maine and upper New England, then off to Ohio to visit family in our Class C.

We travel with only one dog now (two others recently gone), a 5 YO Portuiguese Water Dog who thinks he's a Marine.

Smooth sailing with a following wind. Hope to run in to all of you one day.

Doc Mike