srfridley

Replacement Air Filter?

I am having some trouble locating (online) a replacement air filter for my coach. It is a 2006 Winnebago with Freightliner chassis and CAT C-7 engine. The filter housing is marked as an ECO BC-11X18 BD model filter with a part number of 094973-007.

I have done some searches online and located ECO filters, but it appears they spec out the entire housing with element, with no replacement element identified. I would like to do this myself to save a few $ rather than have the shop that does my annual service do the replacement. I have looked at the K&N filter site, but their cross-reference search doesn't even list an ECO brand filter. Anyone out there have any experience or ideas on this matter?

I don't think these type filters are made to take apart and replace the element. I replace the whole thing. There are online Cat dealers but you have to get ID and PW to search for parts or to call in.

I went to fram.com and searched under applications for a Cat 3126 C7 engine (Didn't know your engine model) Other forums indicated the 3126 had the pn you listed. So the search brought up Fram Part CA9499. Click on it and you can see the spec dimensions and compare it to yours. You can also put in your engine model if it is not a 3126. The application search at Fram also reveals all the competitor part numbers

I purchase most of my filters from filterbarn.com but they don't have everything.

Local NAPA can probably get your filters once you have a selection of Part numbers.

Tom

The ECO is not a Brand, it's a type. The ECO System is a fully contained disposable filter assy. I use a similar filter but smaller (9.8 X 18). The last one I purchased was made by Racor and was about $72.00 from my local Cat Dealer.

I have some info I can e-mail which shows installation.

Thanks for the info, one of the internet sites that I found was RACOR's, they listed my filter as a unit, I sort of suspected what you are relating on this subject, that the entire assembly need be replaced. I guess it's a good thing that my present filter has lasted over 4 years.

You might check with K&N and see if they have a filter assembly available now. I have been running one of theirs for a little over a year. The housing is about 1/8 inch larger so I had to extend the mount straps. It does have the removeable filter element so it can be serviced the K&N way. You should check the indicator to see if the filter needs replacing or service.

Be sure to read what Gary Spires has written on the subject. His background is in diesel filtration systems. Here is a link that will give you more information before you change the filter. My link

Recommendations to look up air filter replacement numbers based on the engine can easily lead you astray!

Remember, the chassis maker specs and fits the filter. So, a particular engine used by different chassis makers may well have different air (and fuel) filters.

Your chassis maker is the right source to determine the correct part number.

Brett

I am having some trouble locating (online) a replacement air filter for my coach. It is a 2006 Winnebago with Freightliner chassis and CAT C-7 engine. The filter housing is marked as an ECO BC-11X18 BD model filter with a part number of 094973-007.

I have done some searches online and located ECO filters, but it appears they spec out the entire housing with element, with no replacement element identified. I would like to do this myself to save a few $ rather than have the shop that does my annual service do the replacement. I have looked at the K&N filter site, but their cross-reference search doesn't even list an ECO brand filter. Anyone out there have any experience or ideas on this matter?

Just replaced my ECO filter for the second time in 4 years with a CAT C7 on a Damon Tuscany 2007 RV. One trip down a gravel road, pulling a bike trailer will fill it up in less than 15 minutes. It takes about 1 hour if you have 5 inch risers to put under back dual tires and cost me $65.00 in Canada at Freighliner.

That air filter is the Farr Ecolite (now owned by Racor). Disposable housing unit. For longest engine life due to less dust ingestion, avoid use of the K&N and similar products. Your system should have a restriction gauge connected to a pressure tap on the outlet of the filter. The filter should be changed no later than 25" water restriction if it is the "Filter Minder" type. Servicing before 20" restriction is throwing away a good filter before it has been used up. Restriction build up in an on-highway application as in a MH can take several years. Changing too frequently will result in more dust entry into the air inlet as all air cleaners except K&N & similar get more efficient as they collect dust. Changing too frequently results in more dust entry with the new filter.

I agree with Brett Wolfe. Call Freightliner and get their info. I would then call Filter.com (800-919-8893) and talk to them about a replacement filter. I just did that on my ECO filter and saved $35 on the filter over the dealer pricing and saved even more since I do not charge myself for labor. Plus, Filter.com ships free over $50.

When having my coach serviced, the dealer said they didn't know what filter my coach took. I found the number in my owners manual. Went back to the parts department with the number. He could not cross referance it so he called NAPA with my number. They gave him the number and he told me that it would take about 10 days, but NAPA had 3 in stock. I told him I would go to NAPA and he said " lets keep them honest" and said his price would be $109.00 I went to the NAPA store, they said yes they had the filter for $189.00. I said thanks but I would go back to the dealer. He asked what they had quoted. I told him and he said lets see what he could do. He came back with, $89.00. I said OK and when he brought it out it had several years of dust on the box.

So, the reason I told the story, take your number to your local NAPA store and have them cross referance it and I bet they will have your filter. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, air filters have a shelf life of three years. I had a spare I kept in my storage and found that it was four years old. When I had other services done, I wanted the air filter replaced and wanted a new one. They called their supplier because didn’t know about shelf life. Supplier said absolutely correct and sent one built just three months ago. 

Mine is the type that is a full replacement made by Racor. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2011 at 11:33 AM, wolfe10 said:

Recommendations to look up air filter replacement numbers based on the engine can easily lead you astray!

Remember, the chassis maker specs and fits the filter. So, a particular engine used by different chassis makers may well have different air (and fuel) filters.

Your chassis maker is the right source to determine the correct part number.

Brett

Great advice, I didn't know that. Thanks Brett