bazgor

Towing 2011 Ford Escape

I just bought a 2011 Ford Escape XLT 4x4 and wanted to know if I am going to have an issue with the tranny. My dealership said I should not if I follow the instructions in the manual, and if the tranny oil is in a certain position on the stick. Could anyone help me with this issue?

Just for information, we purchased a 2009 Ford Escape in May of 2009, a 4x4 XLT w/4cylinder, 6speed trans, and have towed the vehicle since new, mileage travelled not noted, but as of this date we have over 23,000 driven miles. We purchaced this vehicle solely to be towed, but we use the vehicle for winter travel needs, but only towed it after about a thousand miles were on the odmeter. Knock on wood, we have not had a problem with it, but we follow the Ford instructions to the letter.

Have followed other purchasers, on this forum, who are not so lucky and have had nothing but problems. Having been in the Ford dealership system for over twenty years, now retired, I personally do not have an answer as to why some have a problem and others do not. We wish you luck with your purchase, and hope you will enjoy your vehicle as much as we enjoy ours.

Bazgor,

I have a 2010 and have had no problems. Take it to the dealership and have them adjust the transmission fluid level (as per the manual) and have them document that it has been done and keep a copy.

John

05 CC Inspire

10 Ford Escape

We have 2010 Mariner. Last year, 2 months after we bought it we had the transmission die after towing to to Albuquerque Rally. They rebuilt the transmission. It again died 2 months later. They rebuilt it again. During the next 12 months we towed it several times with out any trouble until yesterday on our way to Madison, WI. After 300 miles, the transmission died. The other times we had error meesages and slippage. This time it is strictly in neutral and will not function at all. We will tow it to the dealer when we get home.

D Johnson