mlarson428

How To Clean Gray Spots From White Rubber Gasket Around Door

We have an older class A Motorhome. We are looking for suggestions on how to remove the ugly grey spots on the white rubber gasket that surrounds the door on the outside. We have Googled this and have tried all home remedies: bleach water, rubbing alcohol, etc. Any commercial product we have tried has not worked.

Can anyone help us??

Thanks

We had good results using wet "Magic Eraser" sponges to clean the mold or mildew spots of the vinyl trim on a coach a few years ago.

Took lots of sponges and elbow grease but it did the job for us. I coat of sealant of polish for the vinyl helped keep it clean after then.

Try Brite White Tire Cleaner. Be careful with over spray. Let stand for 4 or 5 min. then wash with soapy water and a stiff brush, then rinse with clean water. If it doesn't clean complety the first time dry and repeat. This stuff will clean the really dirty tires so it should work on your gasket. You can get it at WalMart or Auto Zone. For a stiff brush may I suggest that you don't use your wifes toothbrush. :rolleyes:

Try toothpaste mixed with Boraxo. Dampen a cloth and rub the area with the mixture. Was once told that mineral spirits worked like a charm, but tried the toothpaste and Boraxo mixture first so had no need for the mineral spirits.

Ward

Mold Armor at Home Depot (spray Bottle) worked great on my 2003 Pace Arrow that had been sitting for 2 years when I bought it.

We have an older class A Motorhome. We are looking for suggestions on how to remove the ugly grey spots on the white rubber gasket that surrounds the door on the outside. We have Googled this and have tried all home remedies: bleach water, rubbing alcohol, etc. Any commercial product we have tried has not worked.

Can anyone help us??

Thanks

I would try Wesley's white side wall tire cleaner.

Mike M.

I just cleaned the rubber trim om my Alfa with SOS soap pads. I worked better than anything I have tried. It take a little time and be sure and keep everything wet when you are working on it.