harrisski

Fogged Double Pane Windows

Thanks for the update Andy. Sounds almost to easy. Glad you have found a way to fix the windows. There is no good reason that I have not had one fog up on me to date. Just not my turn yet. So knowing its doable is good.

Dwight P.

My friend it looks like you have some competition in the window repair field. Between you and Andy I might be able to fix one.

Rich.

Hello Rich

This Argon gas and window tinting goes way beyond me but I do have my amphibian airplane also parked beside my Bounder.

The beautiful fireworks display we watched at midnight last night tells me 2013 will be a very good year. See you in Cody this spring.

Dwight

Regading the R value. I have 8 laminate windows, yes, with plastic between 2 layers of glass and in cold weather they are a river of water on the inside. I have 2 thermopane windows they only get slightly wet in the worst conditions. 1 thermo 48"slider is 18 yrs old, the other fixed 72" is 10 yrs. If I didn't have so much on my plate I'd replace the other 8. Traveling from 0 F. to 90F sea level to 6000ft.

receve,

The little bit of research I did showed a significant difference in R values and reflective properties in laminated glass depending on what material was used between the glass.

Do you have any numbers on the windows that may indicate what they used?

The laminate windows are marked. DCL SOLEX DUPLATE SAFETY DOT-19 DC-74

My thermo windows CRYSTAL TEM AS-2 DOT 440 CAN 2-12.1 M79 ANSI 291.1-1984

I had a bus conv. business 1986- 2006. The customers that I'm still in contact with have not had thermo problems. That doesn't mean there are no problems as many of the units have changed hands over the years. I used Storm-tite windows. The company has now changed hands & name I believe.

We recently had several fogged windows repaired by RV Glass Repair Services in Greensboro NC. Two of our windows were too badly stained to clean but they were able to have new glasses made. They did a nice job for a fair price. We stayed on their property while the work was done. www.rvglassrepairservices.com

I purchased four double-pane glasses from RV Glass Repair Services in Greensboro NC for my Holiday Rambler. They had the templates on file and shipped the windows to me. My mechanic installed them and it was a lot cheaper than replacing the entire window frames.

Hi I leave in California. And I just have my fogged window done in San Jose. By citywide auto glass. Thy did a nice job and thy don't do any Advertising doing fogged window.I heard about them to a friend my friend call them the ghost.

RV Glass Solutions has relocated to Coburg, Oregon in the ex-Monaco HQ building. Here is their updated info:

91302 N. Coburg Industrial Way

Coburg, OR 97408

www.rvglassexperts.com

They also have a shop in Phoenix. Same number.

I had the same problem in the front drivers side slider. I talked to the place in Fla. and they sounded very reliable but you need an appointment several mo.in advance.

I did a jury-rigged fix because I could not see out to use the mirror.

I drilled a couple holes approx .06 diameter at an upward angle about 1 in. from the bottom of the glass then did the same at the top. The heat (convection) vented the steam and it has worked for 2 years. Not very professional but cost "0" and had nothing to loose.

Good Morning to you,

I have the same problem with seeing out the window. Did you drill through both panes of glass or just the outer one?

Thank you for your reply

On 1/2/2012 at 3:53 PM, travelerbob said:

I had the same problem in the front drivers side slider. I talked to the place in Fla. and they sounded very reliable but you need an appointment several mo.in advance.

I did a jury-rigged fix because I could not see out to use the mirror.

I drilled a couple holes approx .06 diameter at an upward angle about 1 in. from the bottom of the glass then did the same at the top. The heat (convection) vented the steam and it has worked for 2 years. Not very professional but cost "0" and had nothing to loose.

1 hour ago, RzRzRzR said:

Does anyone know of a good place to repair or replace fogged side windows in New Jersey?

Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

What part of NJ do you live in information might help in locating a shop ?

Rich.

On 12/2/2012 at 10:43 PM, Koliver said:

IMHO

Steve:

If you replace the double pane glass with laminated glass, when you sell the Coach you will need to disclose the change and take the accelerated depreciation, or face a lawsuit for the cost of the next owner going back to the proper double pane glass.

Most used coaches are sold "AS IS - no warranty".  Disclose the change and take "accelerated depreciation"?  Does that mean lower the price?  "Face a lawsuit for the cost of next owner going back to the proper double pane glass"  Wait, face a lawsuit for improving the coach so the new owner can go back to replacing windows every few years?  May need a "lawsuit refresher", like going to law school in the first place.....

I live just south of Chicago and I'm looking for a shop within a reasonable distance which will repair my driver's-side window. One of the three panes has condensate in it and the seals are leaking--makes using the rear-view mirror a bit of an adventure in some light conditions!

I also contacted Master Tech RV, also in Elkhart. They can do the job I need (removing, cleaning, resealing the window); however, they have only one technician who does this sort of work and he hasn't returned to work from Florida or wherever yet!! I'm awaiting a call back from them when he returns, but...

UPDATE

Master Tech did get back to me and we scheduled an appointment for June 9th. They actually subcontract window repairs like this to a 3rd party; in this case it was a crew from Auto Glass Boss who did the work. I had had some other windows repaired by Auto Glass Boss at an FMCA rally some years ago and was satisfied.

This window is now nice and clear again (since the assembly was out, I had them go ahead and clean all three panes) and I was back home by 5 p.m. I’m happy it’s fixed. As an aside, I must say I was impressed by the size of the Master Tech facility and I appreciated their friendly, professional staff.

Edited by tcolburn
Update