guybarry

Towing a 2009 Aura Saturn

I’m reaching out to you guys that have the experience in towing. I’m new to RVing and want to tow a 2009 Saturn Aura XE. In May we purchased a 2006 HR Vacationer 34 PDD diesel. I was looking at the Kar-Kaddy SS but after driving between Chicago and Ocala, FL this last week I noticed that a majority of cars being towed were 4 down. Any recommendation or suggestions would help?

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Go to: http://www.fmca.com/motorhome/towing/204-towing-index

Click on 2009. It shows your car as towable 4 wheels down. But, make sure its 3400+ pound weight is within your coach's towing capacity (likely no problem, but you should verify).

Check your Saturn's owners manual for the specific steps to take before towing.

I’m reaching out to you guys that have the experience in towing. I’m new to RVing and want to tow a 2009 Saturn Aura XE. In May we purchased a 2006 HR Vacationer 34 PDD diesel. I was looking at the Kar-Kaddy SS but after driving between Chicago and Ocala, FL this last week I noticed that a majority of cars being towed were 4 down. Any recommendation or suggestions would help?

I am towing a bright yellow 2001 Saturn sport coupe SC2 called the Yellow Jacket since 2004 and never a problem and never get rear ended :) just hook it on and go. I checked on the Aura and found it was ok to tow 4 down also. I didn't buy it even though I liked it, cause they didn't have a yellow one:)

One caution. Most states require auxillary braking in the toad, usually if they weigh over 12 to 1600 pounds. I use a brake buddy and it works fine. there are several other makes and models in the 1200.00 range plus labor.

Suggest Camping world for such purchases and installs as they are everywhere when you get a warranty or other problem.

happy RV'ing.

PS: Camping world set up my Saturn for towing and the brake unit and never a problem with either.

Bebop Bill