Rsturgis

2004 Holliday Rambler Scepter ATC Issue

Just bought this 40 ft coach and have had a few issues. Most recent and painful is this ATC light coming on from time to time and cutting the power to the engine. No slick roads as it was 100 degrees coming back from SC to ME. Local dealer has checked for error codes and test drove with lap top to monitor the wheel speed sensors and after much $ and many hours can't find this issue. Was just wondering if anyone may have had a similar issue and a positive outcome.

Thanks all.

Rick

Several years ago we had an ATC issue. It turned out to be a sensor that had been knocked slightly out of alignment. I would assume that they have checked your sensors. We took our motor home to Freightliner and they reset the sensor in its proper position. It took 5 minutes and the problem was solved. I don't recall that there was any affect on the engine performance with this issue.

I have a 2003 Imperial and had the same problem on the road in Tennessee about 4 years ago. I had no luck with several local dealers. I called Monaco and they couldn't help but suggested I call Roadmaster. The guy I spoke with said he remembered something about the ATC light and ask another guy. He came back and said that it is likely the fuel separator. I said you must be kidding me! He said that if the fuel separator [which is first] or the fuel filter becomes obstructed, under load the instant fuel supply may drop causing the computer to believe that a wheel is loosing traction and the ATC engages. Roadmaster suggested I take it to Cummins Cumberland in Nashville. It took them less than an hour to check it, replaced the fuel filter and fuel separator filter and that cleared the ATC problem. I still occasionally get an ATC light. I stop at the next rest area and bleed about a pint of fuel out and restart the engine and away we go again, with no ATC light. Every time I have found some very small specs of something in the fuel drained, but there has been present in the fuel separator filter every time. Since that time, I always carry two spare fuel filters with me.

:rolleyes:

Just bought this 40 ft coach and have had a few issues. Most recent and painful is this ATC light coming on from time to time and cutting the power to the engine. No slick roads as it was 100 degrees coming back from SC to ME. Local dealer has checked for error codes and test drove with lap top to monitor the wheel speed sensors and after much $ and many hours can't find this issue. Was just wondering if anyone may have had a similar issue and a positive outcome.

Thanks all.

Rick

I had a similar issue and it took me 6 months to find it. Intermittent error code that would reset and show up again for no reason. The cause was the the left & right wheels were cross wired and on slight turns as well as normal turns it would register an error. FJM trucking (Cummins authorized and chassis work) in San Jose found it in less 1 hour.

Michael Boyle

I have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Ambassador and the same issue. ATC light came on intermittently, and as said above changed the fuel filter that solved the problem. Just like Mr. Wright, I carry extra fuel filters and change if necessary.

I have a 2004 Monaco Windsor. Same problem. I thought I was having a transmission issue due to the horrible shifting while under load....and then the ATC light......

I went on this forum to see about disabling the ATC and low and behold I found someone talking about clogged fuel filters. I changed the filters and off I went.......thank God for the wisdom of fellow RVers.