Sign in to follow this  
jack45

Camping at Devil's Tower National Monument

Anyone camped at Belle Fourche Campground at Devil's Tower?

Are there restrictions on RV length for camping at this location? (Traveling in 40ft MH and tow vehicle)

Also, Anyone have information or comments on Devils Tower View Campground that is in the same area? (we are only planning for an overnight stay)

Guest BillAdams

We stayed at the campground right there at DT. I am guessing this was DT View. Lots of room and it does not get any more convenient. Since it only took about 2 hours to tour I was glad I was not too far away! If you are a hiker or a rock climber you will be there much longer but once you tour the visitor center and walk the entire perimeter you are pretty much done.

You can find both these campgrounds, Fort Devils Tower and the KOA reviewed at RV Park Reviews. It looks to me like Belle Fourche and the KOA have the highest overall ratings but you may be looking for other specifics that will appeal to you.

Appreciate the information, sounds like a worthwhile stop.

Does anyone know if there are any RV LENGTH RESTRICTIONS for camping there?

We’re traveling in 40ft MH & towing a vehicle.

All of the sites listed on RV Park Reviews are listed as having Big Rig Sites with the exception of Fort Devils Tower. There is no link or phone number given for Ft. Devils Tower so you would have to check another source to find information on that campground. For the other sites, the only way to find out if there are big rig sites available when you want to be there is to call and inquire or make reservations.

Guest BillAdams

Whichever campground is right there at the entrance to Devil's Tower has very large sites. We were there in our 40' bus conversion.