luv2trav

Jacks Are Up But Alarm Keeps Going Off

Vandall,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

This is a link to a manual covering you system. Read it over and on page 6 it lists the type(s) of fluids used. If you are not sure what type is in your system, have someone check it for you.

One does not want to mix them!!!

http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/files/PowerGear_Manual.pdf

Rich.

We have a Equalizer system in our 2005 American Tradition when we leave a site we do retract all and it does. Heading down the road we get a shrill whistle saying front right is down. But on checking everything is up. Any advice on this problem.

Denny,

Sounds like the sensor for the R Front Jack is acting up, out of adjustment or there is a connection issue with that particular jack.

If you have the Owners manual it should mention the location and might explain how to set / adjust them.

The other item you can check is to look around the base(top of that pad) of the jack pad or the bottom of the cylinder, to see if there is a build up of dirt or something else preventing that jack from completing its full motion. Would not take much of anything.

Working under the coach, even when the ride system is aired up is a tight area. So you should, air up, lower the leveling jacks and use jack stands; for your own safety!!

Rich.

I have never had a fluid problem, so thanks, I'm learning! In all the years that I have had HWH, prior to current system, it was a Mother Board on a 07' Winnebago Tour 40K and a faulty relay switch on a 2011 Allegro Bus...both was covered on warranty, but in order to fix the switch problem, you have to replace the whole leg! I was stuck in Ocala, FL for 4 days, starting the afternoon of day off delivery on new coach.

Carl

On my 1998 HR Imperial I had this problem with the jacks all up yet no travel light. Unfortunately during Irma with no Internet conection. I got those obnoxious alarms quiet after trying everything I  could think of to remedy the problem. Drove 675 miles home and today, after reading feedback here, filled the reservoir and travel light is on. On mine it showed the right rear jack as the trouble. As soon as I  filled the reservoir no more red light on right rear. You will need to cycle the jacks and fill as needed to be sure it's full though. Run all jacks all the way out and back a few times and then recheck the reservoir and top it off.