TONYLACEY

Michelin Tire Program

21 hours ago, CARLBROTHERS said:

Was looking for passenger car tires and one of the local dealers has a policy of only accepting it for passenger/TOAD vehicles when the RV has tires purchased as well.  The nuances of the marketing and implementation are not lining up to make for a happy customer, but then again it is the weekend and there is another dealership chain to check with before I go another route.

I would talk to a different dealer. I just bought 4 tires for my toad as a stand alone deal with no problem. Where are you located? Also be aware when the dealer quoted a price it is not the price from Michelin through the program. Get the part number for the tires from the dealer and call the FMCA office to get the program price.

You can go here to find dealers:  http://www.michelinrvtires.com

Bill

So far I have priced Michelin tires for my SUV & Southwind RV and both times FMCA has gotten blown out. For the RV Michelin 235/80/22.5 FMCA's price was $555.00 for just the tires, I have out the door pricing (mounting, & balancing) for $545.00. 

My SUV 235/60/18 FMCA's price for just tires was $197.00, I paid out the door $197 ea plus was eligible for the $70.00 rebate.

On 7/25/2011 at 10:50 AM, TONYLACEY said:

Today is a Great for all Members of the FMCA. With the announcement of the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program, you can now save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on tires for your motor coach. If you have any questions on how this program can benefit you, please feel free to ask. I look forward to answering your questions and assisting you with your purchase.

A special Thank You to Robert (Bob) Johnston for helping a vision come to fruition, the Family Motor Coach Crew and the Michelin Team for all of their hard work and long hours in building this program to suite the needs of FMCA members. And a BIG Thank You to The Owners of My Company, Turbo Truck Center, for allowing me to dedicate my time to help with this project. It is an honor to work with you all and have the opportunity to SERVE the members of the Family Motor Coach Association.

If you require specific pricing for your tires, please e-mail me and I can provide this to you based on your size and tread design.

295/80r22.5

Just used the Advantage Program to purchase 6 tires for my old Southwind.  Saved about $76.00/tire.  Thanks FMCA!

A bit of advice.  Even if the dealer says they deal with motorhomes all the time, and they say they will give you the "freshest" tires they have, be sure to check the date codes on the sidewalls, either before mounting, or before you drive away.  With my purchase, I got the coach home, only to find one tire was manufactured in 2008, and two in 2013!  Luckily I needed to bring it back to get an alignment, and the dealer was willing to swap the older tires for ones manufactured in 2016.

Chris G.

Westminster, CO

F3508s

What size tires?  on what make of coach?  Hard to believe that a tire dealer would have 2008 and 2013 new tires in his inventory to begin with!  As for 2016, what is the DOT number?

Carl

Yes, as has been discussed many times, best to go into any discussion about new tires telling the salesperson the smallest date code= oldest date code tire you will accept. And, if the salesman looks at you like a deer caught in the headlights, talk directly with their warehouse manager.  If he looks like a deer caught in the headlights, RUN!

Help.  Very frustrated trying unsuccessfully to get tire quotes for Michelin and Continental RV tires.  I am an FMCA member.  I have 295/80R-22.5 Tires.  I want to replace my rear 6 tires.  I want to know pricing, balancing, shipping (if any) and installation costs.  I've not had any success in using the FMCA website for the tire discount programs 

On 3/8/2017 at 10:13 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Don't forget to look at the Continental program.

Bill

I'd love to check pricing on the Continental program, but not having any success doing so....

2 hours ago, GaryRowe said:

I'd love to check pricing on the Continental program, but not having any success doing so....

I had to look for it to. On the main page in the upper left part of the page they have a slideshow of different programs/benefits. You can use the arrows to cycle through the ads faster. 

Bill

I'm looking for a dealer in the Phoenix, AZ metro area that will sell (and install) six tires using the FMAC/Michelin tire discount program.....235/80R22.5

FMCA #F252646

Regards,

Phil Batton

Note from moderator:  personal information deleted for your protection.

Phil,

Find your nearest commercial Michelin Advantage RV tire dealer. Go to www.michelinrvtires.com and enter your zip code in the dealer locator. The dealers will be listed in the order closest to your location. Select the dealer that best suits your tire needs. NOTE: To purchase Michelin or BF Goodrich tires for your light truck or passenger car, you must use an authorized commercial Michelin dealer that sells all three types of tires: commercial truck, light truck, and passenger car AND that accepts the Michelin Advantage Program.

For more information, go to: https://site.fmca.com/fmca-quicklinks. Click on "Michelin Instructions".

Alternatively, with questions regarding the Michelin Advantage Program please call the FMCA Membership Department at 800-543-3622.

On 7/25/2011 at 7:50 AM, TONYLACEY said:

Today is a Great for all Members of the FMCA. With the announcement of the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program, you can now save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on tires for your motor coach. If you have any questions on how this program can benefit you, please feel free to ask. I look forward to answering your questions and assisting you with your purchase.

A special Thank You to Robert (Bob) Johnston for helping a vision come to fruition, the Family Motor Coach Crew and the Michelin Team for all of their hard work and long hours in building this program to suite the needs of FMCA members. And a BIG Thank You to The Owners of My Company, Turbo Truck Center, for allowing me to dedicate my time to help with this project. It is an honor to work with you all and have the opportunity to SERVE the members of the Family Motor Coach Association.

If you require specific pricing for your tires, please e-mail me and I can provide this to you based on your size and tread design.

Good Afternoon,

I need a quote for 4 Michelin tires please Size 275/80 R 22.5

Thank you

Don Lindley Member #F458814

lindleylvgator@aol.com

702-994-0457

dtl9900.  Welcome to the Forum!

The way it works, is that you find the Truck Tire Michelin dealer in your area.  Explain that your a FMCA member and what size tire/tires  you need...get the earliest DOT number possible.  Then call FMCA and let them know who the dealer is. 

If you just need a quote, you need to get that also from a dealer with the fleet price.

Carl C.

Carl, 

When I looked into the program it took several steps to get to purchasing tires. If I remember correctly your can go to Michelin from the FMCA program and it will list the dealers that participate in the program, not all do. Then you can go to Michelin, set up your account and so on. The big thing is that you have to be able to get to the FMCA Michelin Program person.

Is is a bit confusing (maybe just to me), but still a great program.

Herman

Herman.

I just remember what happened in OR.  Maybe that was an exemption, because of the FMCA Rally in Redmond.  When I went to Superior Tire in Eugene, they had a booth at the rally, they did all the steps for me, all I had to do, was to supply my F# and hand over my CC...Painless!

I have heard of your way also.  Your right, it's a grate program and saves a lot off money! :)

Carl

Please stop including the FET Federal Excise Tax in with the quoted prices on Michelin tires.  Passenger car tires should not have this and if it's included with every quote how are we or the dealer supposed to know how much they are supposed to charge or pay for a tire? 

1541705294453327955211260260231.jpg

I went to my nearby dealer today to get these tires ordered since they were not in stock and the dealer, which Michelin had referred me to, said they didn't know anything about the FMCA or the Michelin Advantage Program.  I left them with the printout of the quote and they are supposed to check and call me back.  We shall see. 

Well, the dealer did call me back and since they were not making any money on the tires they are jacking up their mounting and balancing to $146 to mount and balance 4 car tires.That just about negates the savings that I was going to get by ordering the tires through the FMCA advantage plan.  SHeesh !  Their normal charge for tires that you purchase from this dealer is only $14 for balancing and they don't charge for mounting.  

Find another dealer-- $35+ each for mount and balance a car tire just tells you they do NOT want your business.  Honor their request!

Just called Michelin tire co. After getting transferred 4 times, I wound up with a person I could not understand. As I explained this to him a few times, he spoke much slower and it made more sense. I told him the size tire I was looking for [225 -55-R17], and he said the program is for RV tires? I explained to him that the book I am reading says RV and passenger tires. He then told me the price was $ 224 each. I can buy the identical tire at Pep Boys for $159? How is this a good program?

F462390,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

You can get pricing here-- no need to talk with anyone at Michelin: https://site.fmca.com/rv-tires-discounts

Here is copy and paste.  Which Michelin can you get at Pep Boy or $159??

Valid as of 11/14/2018. Prices are subject to change. Any fees for mounting, balancing, tire disposal, and general labor are quoted by the servicing dealer and are not discounted by the program. The customer must also pay the state and local sales taxes that apply in the jurisdiction in which the tires are purchased. All road tires with a maximum load capacity greater than 3,500 pounds are subject to an F.E.T., or Federal Excise Tax.

For Michelin RV tire questions, visit MichelinRVtires.com, or call Michelin Customer Care at (800) 847-3435, or visit a participating Michelin RV Tire Dealer.

Tire Description Tread MSPN Base Price
+ F.E.T. Tax
BFGOODRICH 225/55R17 97T TL ADVNTAGETA GO ADVNTAGETA 16512 $153.34
BFGOODRICH 225/55R17 97H ADVTA SPT CPJ ADVTA SPT 10449 $167.28
BFGOODRICH 225/55R17 97H TL ADVNTAGETA GO ADVNTAGETA 12565 $167.28
BFGOODRICH 225/55R17 97V TL ADVNTAGETA GO ADVNTAGETA 12516 $174.25
BFGOODRICH 225/55R17 97V ADVTA SPT CPJ ADVTA SPT 29843 $175.64
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97T DEFENDER GRNXMI DEFENDER 06444 $184.05
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97V PS A/S 3+ CPJ PS A/S 3+ 59418 $192.64
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97H DEFENDER T+H MTP DEFNDR T+H 16967 $195.09
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97H PREMIER A/S MTP PREMIER AS 48163 $209.82
MICHELIN 225/55R17 101H XL X-ICEXI3 GNX X-ICE XI3 15405 $214.73
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97VPRMMXM4 CPJGRNXMI PRIM MXM4 23807 $220.86
MICHELIN 225/55R17 PRIM MXV4 97H RRBL PRIM MXV4 06852 $223.31
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97V PREMIER A/S MTP PREMIER AS 28800 $227.00
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97V PS A/S 3 PS A/S 3 10363 $239.27
MICHELIN 225/55R17 PRIM MXV4 97V RRBL PRIM MXV4 02647 $241.72
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97Y PRIM 3 AOGRNX PRIMACY 3 33639 $249.08
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97Y PRIMACY 3 * GRX PRIMACY 3 06871 $251.54
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97HTLPRIM MXM4 ZP*MO PRIM MXM4 16234 $285.89
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97W PCY 3 ZP *GRN PRIMACY 3 59928 $377.92
MICHELIN 225/55R17 97Y PRIMACY 3 ZP*MOE PRIMACY 3 60349 $403.68

I just used this program for new 12 / 22.5 XZE's and the pricing was AMAZING!!! Had them installed at Snyder Fleet Service in Ocala and if you are anywhere near them go nowhere else. They started right at my appointment time and did a very professional job. I am so thankful for this - among other - benefits FMCA provides. Just remember to register your credit card with Michelin prior to going to the shop.