TONYLACEY

Michelin Tire Program

Nice to know someone is happy! :D

My next set will be in 2020 & I will get them in OR., will be there with family! :) If I get another coach, then I won't..Love this program! :wub:

3 hours ago, manholt said:

If I get another coach, then I won't..Love this program! 

To be sure, check the tires Mfg. Dates on the coach. Make sure they are not more than 3 to 4 months old. But heck, you know that.:rolleyes:

Herman

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:13 AM, hermanmullins said:

To be sure, check the tires Mfg. Dates on the coach. Make sure they are not more than 3 to 4 months old. But heck, you know that.:rolleyes:

Herman

They are 3rd QTR 2018

zeboray.  Herman was in his own special way, referring to me. :wacko:  However, it's something we all need to remember...especially on new coaches!  Never know how long the chassis been sitting outside in rain and snow, before it made it to the assembly line!  Could be 18 to 20 months. 

I had a friend today who was trying to purchase under the FMCA program.  He was offered the same price to pay directly to the Michelin dealer, since the dealer had problems collecting from FMCA.  

It’s my understanding that you pay to FMCA, and then go to the dealer for mounting/balancing, and they get paid from FMCA. If I was a dealer,  who had to wait on FMCA, I would go direct with the customer.  

If that’s the FMCA procedure, they need to get this improved!  OR, that’s not a benefit!

5 minutes ago, echo3 said:

I had a friend today who was trying to purchase under the FMCA program.  He was offered the same price to pay directly to the Michelin dealer, since the dealer had problems collecting from FMCA.  

It’s my understanding that you pay to FMCA, and then go to the dealer for mounting/balancing, and they get paid from FMCA. If I was a dealer,  who had to wait on FMCA, I would go direct with the customer.  

If that’s the FMCA procedure, they need to get this improved!  OR, that’s not a benefit!

You might want to check with the FMCA office on this.

Here's a link to a description of how the billing portion of the program works.

https://www.fmca.com/images/stories/pdf/HowBillingWorks.pdf

Payment is made through Michelin directly. One key thing to remember is that your credit card must be registered with Michelin before you buy the tires.

First, I have heard about the $$$ going to FMCA, then Dealer!  Why is your "friend" not asking this question direct?  Second hand info has a way of being distorted in the telling!

When I used the program the money went to Michelin via credit card. Since the money never goes to FMCA I am suspicious of this dealers storey. 

By the way welcome to the forum echo3

Bill

WILDEBILL308,

You are correct, you are billed by Michelin.  FMCA does not handle any money during the transaction we are merely the bridge to get you this great deal.

Yes, from time to time, members do find better deals by going direct with the dealer and not through the Advantage program.  For example, if they have too much stock and want to move it quickly or some sort of special promotion.  The dealer is well within their rights to do so and we always encourage our members to do their homework before making a purchase.

Dan

We are in a campground in Branson, Missouri. We noticed a bubble on our right front motorhome tire.  We are looking for a Michelin dealer in this area in order to take advantage of the discount program.  Does anyone know of a Michelin dealer around Branson, MO who offers the FMCA discount?

Lymak,

Welcome to the Forum. 

If you find a dealer close to you be sure and call them to be sure that they participate in the program. If you find one then you can start the process to get the tires you need. Please remember that when you use the program you are just paying for the tire. The mounting and balancing will be up to you to cover.

Good luck and hope you are back on the road soon.

Herman