TONYLACEY

Michelin Tire Program

Today is a Great for all Members of the FMCA. With the announcement of the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program, you can now save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on tires for your motor coach. If you have any questions on how this program can benefit you, please feel free to ask. I look forward to answering your questions and assisting you with your purchase.

A special Thank You to Robert (Bob) Johnston for helping a vision come to fruition, the Family Motor Coach Crew and the Michelin Team for all of their hard work and long hours in building this program to suite the needs of FMCA members. And a BIG Thank You to The Owners of My Company, Turbo Truck Center, for allowing me to dedicate my time to help with this project. It is an honor to work with you all and have the opportunity to SERVE the members of the Family Motor Coach Association.

If you require specific pricing for your tires, please e-mail me and I can provide this to you based on your size and tread design.

Is this tire program honored at all Michelin truck tire dealers or only valid in Gainsville,Ga?

I want to purchase six 275/70/22.5 H rated tires.The local Michelin dealer states that the XRV is not available in this size and that he recommends XZE2 tires.

Please quote price for XRV 275/70/22.5

Is this tire program honored at all Michellin truck tire dealers or only valid in Gainsville,Ga?I want to purchase six 275/70/22.5 H rated tires.The local Michellin dealer states that the Xrv is not available in this size and that he recommends XZE2 tires.Please quote price for Xrv 275/70/22.5

This program will be honored at ANY Michelin Tire Dealer that processes National Accounts (which should be most).

The XRV is not manufactured in that size. The best tire for your size is the Michelin XZA2 Energy. Price is $467.84 each plus a Federal Excise Tax of $32.51 and $20 for mount and dismount. Balancing is $29 each and ancillaries are PQL, which is "price quoted locally" by the the dealer.

The XRV is not available in the size that you have requested (275/70R22.5) MSPN 90059, so I recommend that you use the Michelin XZA2 Energy.

The price is below:

(90059) 275/70R22.5 XZA2 Energy $467.84 Each

Federal Excise Tax $ 32.51 Each

Installation Per Tire $ 20 Each

Machine Balance $ 29 Each

Valve Stem $ PQL (Price Quoted Locally). I charge $6.50 each.

Flow Thru Valve Cap $ PQL (Price Quoted Locally) I charge $2.25 each.

Srap $ PQL (Price Quoted Locally). I charge $10 each

So for example, at my store, for six mounted, balanced new stems and caps and scrap you would pay a total of:

Parts (tires, stems,caps) = $2,859.54

Sales Tax on parts = $ 200.17

Federal Excise Tax = $ 195.06

Labor = $ 294

Scrap = $ 60

Total Out the door price = $3,608.77

I hope this helps!

Guest BillAdams

Thanks for the info. So how about a similar quote for 12R 22.5 (XZE?) LRH? I would need 8.

Thanks for the info. So how about a similar quote for 12R 22.5 (XZE?) LRH? I would need 8.

Thanks Bill,

MSPN (85335) 12R22.5 Michelin XZE $609.84 Per Tire Plus $36.76 F.E.T all other pricing would be the same except for sales tax.

The 12R is not a very common tire anymore I would suggest changing the size to 315/80R22.5 in the XZA2 Energy MSPN (76184) this tire is a fuel efficient compound and virtually the same height but an inch wider, giving you more stabilization by increasing your foot print. Secondly the 315/80R22.5 is a very common tire and should be readily available in the occurrence of a tire failure on the road. Lastly the tire is more cost effective at $553.00 per tire with $52.83 F.E.T a saving of $40.77 per tire, $326.16 overall, and there will be value for the carcass at the end of your use, this is not the case with the 12R22.5.

Total Price for the 12R22.5 XZE Package would be $6061.21

Total Price for the 315/80R22.5 XZA2 Energy Package would be $5702.98

($351.23 Savings) By going with the 315/80R22.5

Guest BillAdams

Common or not, I can't change the tire size without changing the drive axle wheels to accommodate the wider tires. That would dramatically add to the cost of the tire change, so sticking with the 12R 22.5 is the only logical choice.

Thanks for the pricing information. However, it confirms that this discount is no better or worse than the pricing that would be available from other National sources.

Common or not, I can't change the tire size without changing the drive axle wheels to accommodate the wider tires. That would dramatically add to the cost of the tire change so sticking with the 12R 22.5 is the only logical choice.

Come on, Bill. It only takes some lift blocks a few shackle changes New shocks and a new step assy. and you could have a monster MH. talk about parking any where and on what ever you like. I say go for it.

:P:lol::P:lol::P:lol:

Come on, Bill. It only takes some lift blocks a few shackle changes New shocks and a new step assy. and you could have a monster MH. talk about parking any where and on what ever you like. I say go for it.

:P:lol::P:lol::P:lol:

Actually, You do not have to change your wheels .... Either tire is approved for 8.25" or 9.00" fitment. As for the pricing, I tend to think that is is a pretty good deal when you can purchase the tire cheaper or equal to what the dealer pays Michelin, but just my opinion. Nevertheless, the program is in place for all who wish to use it!

Guest BillAdams

This coach is a 1988 Prevost. The wheels installed on the drive axle will not accommodate tires wider than the 12R 22.5 without causing safety issues. The tires might actually rub but even if they did not, they would be so close that they would likely touch from time to time and run hotter than they should at all times. Thanks for the advice but I think I will stick to these unless I find someone to put new wheels on for free! The front and tag axles have had the larger tires installed previously but putting them on the dual drives...Ah, no!

I asked for a quote to compare what I had just paid for 8 new tires last January. Surprisingly enough, Prevost installed 8 new Michelin's for less than you quoted above. I inquired of quite a few tire dealers from Las Vegas to S. CA and I could not beat the Prevost price. I was feeling a little bummed that I just missed this deal from FMCA but now I am feeling pretty good that someone like Prevost, that charges twice what everyone else does for everything, could get me tires at such a good(?) price.

Bill,

Information is power and I totally agree with your statements and after all, no one knows your coach the way you do. I am ashamed to say this, but back in January the tires would have been dramatically less expensive ... to the tune of 50 to 60 dollars PER just for the tire. We have suffered drastic price increase in the last six months that have been driven by raw material pricing including steel, carbon black and natural rubber (which, by the way, Michelin uses more natural rubber in their tires than any other manufacturer -- this is what provides the exceptional wear and durability).

But please check the post tomorrow as I will be giving you information about 1800 TIRE 911 part of the benefit you are entitled to as an FMCA member through this program. Let's just say you will Never get taken advantage of on the side of the road again.

This is the part that really excites me because I take great pride in helping provide an avenue to protect you the member from malicious overcharges by a roadside service vulture!!

Thanks for info. regarding program.

Would like to hear from anyone that has used this program to purchase tires.

We need to purchase new 22.5 inch tires in the next month and would appreciate any comments regarding purchase.

Currently located in east Tennessee and see that a dealer is located in Knoxville, although headed to Forest City, Iowa, so any dealer along route would be okay.

Wayne

2003 Winnebago Adventurer

2006 Saturn Vue

Tony, Sorry to have you looking up so many different tires. I need (8) 315 80 22.5. Perhaps you should consider posting a list of the available sizes with prices. I hope your company is making something on this program. Thanks.

Hi Tony

It is indeed a great time for all FMCA members who can now enjoy a great discount and get the best tires, in my humble opinion.

It has been almost a year since you and I had our first conversation about fleet pricing for FMCA Members.

Thank you for all you did to make this happen. As you know it took a lot more than expected.

And also thanks for providing me with the first tires on the program which are perfect.

I certainly hope that this works out for you and your company in the future. I for one recommend to anyone interested, they contact you for tire needs and all chassis and engine repair as well at your wonderful well equipped shop.

You have earned it.

Turbo truck Center

Gainesville GA

678 450 7800

With warmest personal regards.

Thank you

Bob Johnston

RVing for 36 years and a member since around 1984

Have XZA(1) 275/70/22.5 on coach. Understand they don't make them anymore. What size would I purchase and price? Need either two fronts or six.

Guest Wayne77590

Well, on July 30, 2011, I noticed some cracking on my 4-year-old tires with 31,000 miles on them. On the side of safety I decided to have DW call ahead 30 miles, in McAlester, OK. She did and found Beale Tire open with two Michelin 255/80R22.5 XRV's. I told them to hold them. I arrived to find Beale Tire very cooperative. They did not know about the FMCA Discount. I had them put everything that I could think of in the comments section of the invoice.

I'm not sure if I have any recourse. Any suggestions are welcome.

As I understand the program, no matter which dealer I use the price would be the same for the tire not counting taxes and other services.

Is this correct?

About what is the discount from list price?

Jerry

Have XZA(1) 275/70/22.5 on coach. Understand they don't make them anymore. What size would I purchase and price? Need either two fronts or six.

You will want to use the XZA2 Energy and you should be pleased with this upgrade. The MSPN for this tire is 90059 the tire is $467.82 each, plus $32.51 Federal Excise tax per tire! Good Luck. let us know how it goes!

Respectfully,

Tony Lacey

As I understand the program, no matter which dealer I use the price would be the same for the tire not counting taxes and other services. Is this correct? About what is the discount from list price?

Jerry

Yes, the Price will be the same for the tire no matter where in the U.S. that you decide to purchase. The discount is based off of an on factor, which is .56 or 56% off Suggested Retail Pricing.

Respectfully,

Tony Lacey

Tony, Sorry to have you looking up so many different tires. I need (8) 315 80 22.5. Perhaps you should consider posting a list of the available sizes with prices. I hope your company is making something on this program. Thanks.

Email me at tonyl@gottc.com and I will email you the price book.

Respectfully,

Tony Lacey

Well, on July 30, 2011 I noticed some cracking on my 4 year old tires with 31,000 miles on them. On the side of safety I decided to have DW call ahead 30 miles, in McAlester, OK. She did and found Beale Tire open with two Michelin 255/80R22.5 XRV's. I told them to hold them. I arrived to find Beale Tire very cooperative. They did not know about the FMCA Discount. I had them put everything that I could think of in the comments section of the invoice.

I'm not sure if I have an recourse. Any suggestions are welcome.

If Beale Tire is a Michelin Dealer and can process National Account DRs, then there should not be a problem getting this resolved. Often, the Manager or the Office personnel have access to this and others may not. Simply call them up let them know the situation, give them the ship to number and they should credit you back from your original purchase. If they are a dealer they must honor the program. If you have any problems please let me know. Basically you are asking them to do a credit and re-bill from local books to national account. I hope that this answers your question, as I am speculating that you were not able to use the program.

Respectfully,

Tony Lacey