TONYLACEY

Michelin Tire Program

To All, I am Very Excited to see that there is so much interest building in the program. I am also excited to begin to hear your testimonials of how the program worked for you and the amount of money that you were able to save!

I am sending this note out to let you all know that due to the overwhelming response, I am finding it a bit difficult to keep up with forum replies and even some emails. All of that being said, if I have missed you or if you feel like I have forgotten to get back to you, please email me at TONYL@gottc.com. That way, I can ensure that I take care of you expediently and properly. I would love to have all of this information on the forum, so if we communicate via email, and you feel that the information exchanged may be pertinent to others, please copy and paste those conversations.

I will continue to answer as many forum posts as possible; however, I just don't want to miss anyone. So again, please email if I have missed you!

Respectfully! Tony Lacey

I just happen to be in the market for six new tires, so am very interested in this program. I need six tires 275/80R22.5 H Load XZE. The closest dealer to me in Portland, Ore., would be Superior Tire Service.

Would the have these tires? How much would be the discount? I would guess I would only have the front two tire balanced ... is that good? Thanks for the info and I am looking forward to using the program. Would they know about it?

Scott Wise, F361146

Tony,

I currently have XRV 235/80-22.5 tires on my 97 Discovery. What do you think if I went to XZA2 energy in 275/70-22.5 size?

And what would they cost? Or other suggestions? I would like to improve my my ride & use less air pressure.

Thank you,

Harry Salit

Tony, thanks for all the help and information you are providing. I need to ask if the Michelin Advantage tire discount program is available should I choose to have Freightliner in Gaffney SC do the install. I have an appointment to have this done in mid Nov. Nearest dealer is Snider Tire whom I would have deliver the tires to the Freightliner Training Center in Gaffney.

Please quote me six 255/80R 22.5 XRV tires.

Thanks

Dave B.

Hi Tony;

I need 6 Michelin XZE2 - 275/70R22.5 The price I was quoted was $590.00 each. What would be the price per tire with the FMCA discount??

Thanks.

Please see the attached quote, the XZE2 is not manufactured in 275/70R22.5 so i quoted the XZA2 Energy. If you have any questions please let me know!

FMCA QUOTE SHEETcreekerca.pdf

Tony, thanks for all the help and information you are providing. I need to ask if the Michelin Advantage tire discount program is available should I choose to have Freightliner in Gaffney SC do the install. I have an appointment to have this done in mid Nov. Nearest dealer is Snider Tire whom I would have deliver the tires to the Freightliner Training Center in Gaffney.

Please quote me six 255/80R 22.5 XRV tires.

Thanks

Dave B.

Dave,

This is at your descresion, I would say let Snider do the install as they are Very Close business partners of mine, however you can choose. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Tony Lacey

FMCA QUOTE SHEETdaveb.pdf

Tony,

I currently have XRV 235/80-22.5 tires on my 97 Discovery. What do you think if I went to XZA2 energy in 275/70-22.5 size?

And what would they cost? Or other suggestions? I would like to improve my my ride & use less air pressure.

Thank you,

Harry Salit

Harry,

You will need to check with the Coach Manufacturer, I can provide the dimensions of each; however, I do not know what your clearence tolerences are.

I just happen to be in the market for six new tires, so am very interested in this program. I need six tires 275/80R22.5 H Load XZE. The closest dealer to me in Portland, Ore., would be Superior Tire Service.

Would the have these tires? How much would be the discount? I would guess I would only have the front two tire balanced ... is that good? Thanks for the info and I am looking forward to using the program. Would they know about it?

Scott Wise, F361146

Scott,

I am not sure if they will have the tire or not. Call ahead to check availability. They should know National Accounts even if they do not know this program (that is what the program is). If you only want to balance your steers, that is okay. However, 9.5 of 10 times when I sell coach tires we balance all for the best result. Please see the attached quote and if you need further assistance please let me know!

FMCA QUOTE SHEETSCOTTWISE.pdf

Guest Wayne77590

If Beale Tire is a Michelin Dealer and can process National Account DRs, then there should not be a problem getting this resolved. Often, the Manager or the Office personnel have access to this and others may not. Simply call them up let them know the situation, give them the ship to number and they should credit you back from your original purchase. If they are a dealer they must honor the program. If you have any problems please let me know. Basically you are asking them to do a credit and re-bill from local books to national account. I hope that this answers your question, as I am speculating that you were not able to use the program.

Respectfully,

Tony Lacey

Tony,

Thank you very much for that information. I'll give them a call in the morning. The worst anyone can get for asking is a "no," but I'm thinking positive.

Thanks again.

Tony,

Thank you very much for that information. I'll give them a call in the morning. The worst anyone can get for asking is a "no," but I'm thinking positive.

Thanks again.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

I just got two new front tires installed at Simmons Tire in Sheffield AL, along with an alignment job. Mike Simmons did not know how to do the FMCA discount program when I contacted him, but he said that he would find out about it. To make a long story short, I got the discount, which amounts to about 10% on my two new tires. The discount is on the tires only, not the installation, balance, etc. It is basically fleet pricing and Michelin actually runs your credit card.

Guest Wayne77590

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

Tony,

For tires only, $441.93 each

Update:

Beale Tire has been working with me and National. The call today from Beale said they have all the information they need and will be billing National as requested. They will be giving me a refund soon.

Thanks again.

Guest Wayne77590

I'm a little disappointed in the program, and no fault of Beale Tire, but the discount that Michelin is giving.

My account has been debited by Michelin to the tune of $511.42 per tire. I'm assuming that it includes the taxes.

My price at Beale Tire, including tax, was $458 per tire.

The total by Michelin of $1022.84 for two tires, not including labor, balancing, etc.

If I were to allow the transaction to go through, add the labor which I would still have to pay to Beale, my price through the advantage program would by $96.90 higher than the price I paid at Beale Tire.

I have contacted Michelin and asked them to cancel this transaction. An explanation that I got were words to the effect that if a person is on the road and wants to use the advantage program they can, but if the sales at the dealer are better than the advantage program, they can use the dealer incentives. I'm sure that members in a city with higher inflation rates would most likely benefit from the program. In my specific case I was better off using the dealer's pricing.

Something just does not compute in my brain on that. There isn't any way that I'm aware of to know what Michelin is going to charge. The way the program is set up, the DR is sent to Michelin and the the charges are applied. Those charges may be more than what the dealer incentives are. There is not an option to compare up-front pricing from Michelin to a dealer. I have been working all day communicating with Beale, Michelin, and my credit card company to get this resolved. At present it stands that Michelin will be giving me a refund, and the Beale transaction that I have already paid will stand. Trust me, no one wants to go through this scenario. Check your pricing before you engage in the Advantage program, or the dealer's price.

In my specific case, I called the dealer, they had the tires in stock, I showed up, there were no sales brochures or pitch, pricing was never discussed with me because I "needed" the tires, bill was submitted and I paid it. I don't know why I did not ask about the price of the tires before purchasing, but I think it was because I was just glad that they had them. I usually ask all kinds of questions. I came out good on this one, and only Beale Tire to thank for their help in all of this. I'm sure it is a lesson learned for each of us.

I went to Michelin web site to find a local dealer in Kansas City area. Cross-Midwest on Gardner Ave was listed, I visited them yesterday and they said they did not honor or participate in the FMCA program. They did, however, have several other fleet program that they honored. I reported this to Michelin. I did find another dealer that will honor the program and have an appointment next Wednesday to install 6 XZA3 275/80R22.5 tires. I will try to check the estimated price against there regular price before committing. I will report back later and let you know how it went.

TONYLACEY, can you tell me what the discount price should be for these tires. Thanks.

Don

I went to Michelin web site to find a local dealer in Kansas City area. Cross-Midwest on Gardner Ave was listed, I visited them yesterday and they said they did not honor or participate in the FMCA program. They did, however, have several other fleet program that they honored. I reported this to Michelin. I did find another dealer that will honor the program and have an appointment next Wednesday to install 6 XZA3 275/80R22.5 tires. I will try to check the estimated price against there regular price before committing. I will report back later and let you know how it went.

TONYLACEY, can you tell me what the discount price should be for these tires. Thanks.

Don

If the dealer processes National Accounts , it would not be in their best interest to not honor the program. I am having trouble wrapping my head around that. And for them to offer you other programs does not make sense to me. You as a member have your own program and if you choose to purchase using that program it is your decision.

The tire that you will want to go with is the ALL NEW Michelin XZA3+ Evertread -- this is the new generation and is guaranteed to run 30% longer than its predecessor. The price for this tire is $478.25 plus Federal Excise Tax of $25.23 per tire. They are 14-ply MSPN 26413. Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Tony

Tony, I understand the concept of the program but why is there no way for the customer to find out what the final price is until you get an email from Michelin? I would imagine that any trucking firm that is using the program would, after several purchases, have an understanding of their discount. However, RV owners only buy tires once every 5-7 years. Isn't there an approximate percentage discount that FMCA members can use to get a general understanding as to the price on a specific tire once they get a quote from a dealer?

I currently have XZA3 275/80 22.5 LRH on my coach. Is there a better tire for me to use? Also, would you give me a quote on that the XZA3. Just the tire, as all of the other numbers a locally determined.

Tony, I understand the concept of the program but why is there no way for the customer to find out what the final price is until you get an email from Michelin? I would imagine that any trucking firm that is using the program would, after several purchases, have an understanding of their discount. However, RV owners only buy tires once every 5-7 years. Isn't there an approximate percentage discount that FMCA members can use to get a general understanding as to the price on a specific tire once they get a quote from a dealer?

I currently have XZA3 275/80 22.5 LRH on my coach. Is there a better tire for me to use? Also, would you give me a quote on that the XZA3. Just the tire, as all of the other numbers a locally determined.

The program discount is based off of and on factor, the on factor is based off of suggested fleet price so......... the on factor is .56 or 56% of suggested fleet for example if the suggested fleet price is $1000.00 then the price of the tire is $560.00 now, in addition to the price of the tire there will always be Uncle Sam's portion which is what we call Federal Excise Tax this is a tax that is applied to the "manufacturing" etc determined by the amount of material that is in the finished product and an estimation of how the product will affect the environment it is used in (i.e.) interstate highways etc. some federal government algorithm so this cost must be factored in. As far as the right tire for you, if you will notice my last posting, I would recommend the XZA3+ and the pricing is listed, please let me know if you need further assistance

Tony Lacey

The program discount is based off of and on factor, the on factor is based off of suggested fleet price so......... the on factor is .56 or 56% of suggested fleet for example if the suggested fleet price is $1000.00 then the price of the tire is $560.00 now, in addition to the price of the tire there will always be Uncle Sam's portion which is what we call Federal Excise Tax this is a tax that is applied to the "manufacturing" etc determined by the amount of material that is in the finished product and an estimation of how the product will affect the environment it is used in (i.e.) interstate highways etc. some federal government algorithm so this cost must be factored in. As far as the right tire for you, if you will notice my last posting, I would recommend the XZA3+ and the pricing is listed, please let me know if you need further assistance

Tony Lacey

It has been brought to my attention that i did not give a good example of Federal Excise Tax, so if you need to know more please let me know.

If the dealer processes National Account's it would not be in their best interest to not honor the program, I am having trouble wrapping my head around that. And for them to offer you other programs does not make sense to me. You as a member have your own program and if you choose to purchase using that program it is your decision. The tire that you will want to go with is the ALL NEW Michelin XZA3+ Evertread this is the new generation and is guaranteed to run 30% longer than its predecessor the price for this tire is $ 478.25 plus Federal Excise Tax of $25.23 per tire, they are 14 ply MSPN 26413. Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I appreciate the information. I didn't know that they made this tire in a 14 ply G rating and also a 16 ply H rating. I need the LRH tire 16 ply, so could you check the price of this one, sorry. The first dealer did not "offer" me a different discount, he named off four or five other discount programs that they did honor, but not FMCA. On a positive note however, he did not have the XZA3 tires and said they were back ordered. I had talked to Michelin earlier and they told me they were back ordered and might take a couple of months to get them. The second dealer that I went to had 6 in stock so everything worked out for the best. I have an appointment Wed morning to have them installed. Thanks again

Don

Today is a Great for all Members of the FMCA. With the announcement of the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program, you can now save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on tires for your motor coach. If you have any questions on how this program can benefit you, please feel free to ask. I look forward to answering your questions and assisting you with your purchase.

A special Thank You to Robert (Bob) Johnston for helping a vision come to fruition, the Family Motor Coach Crew and the Michelin Team for all of their hard work and long hours in building this program to suite the needs of FMCA members. And a BIG Thank You to The Owners of My Company, Turbo Truck Center, for allowing me to dedicate my time to help with this project. It is an honor to work with you all and have the opportunity to SERVE the members of the Family Motor Coach Association.

If you require specific pricing for your tires, please e-mail me and I can provide this to you based on your size and tread design.

Thank you for the pricing on the tires I had installed today on my 06 Alfa SYA. We will see what the final pricing is.

Bob

Thank you for the pricing on the tires I had installed today on my 06 Alfa SYA. We will see what the final pricing is.

Bob

Bob,

I am very sorry that I did not respond to your email from earlier today, our company is expanding and we have had lots of problems with email in the last couple of weeks, so I just got your email and your post at the same time. I trust that your experience was great and if you have any problems with the way that you were billed please let me know.

Tony

I am pleased to report that as of 08/12/2011 FMCA Members have purchased over 125 tires totaling 60 plus thousand dollars using the FMCA Advantage program! With more than 30 transactions since the launch of the program in mid July members have saved in excess of $48,000.00 off Suggested Fleet Pricing. Thank You FMCA and Members, YOU will be the sucess of this program!

Guest Wayne77590

Tony,

Beale Tire only charged me F.E.T of $16.07 each tire and $3.50 each tire for Oklahoma Waste Tax. (Fair enough)

When FMCA sent the Michelin Invoice it was

$9.32 County Tax (total 2 tires)

$32.62 Local tax (total 2 tires)

$41.94 State Tax (total 2 tires)

$7.00 (no description 2 tires (assume Waste tax)

$32.14 F.E.T.

Let's see now, that's $123.02 in total taxes by FMCA and Beale charged $39.14 total taxes.

I'll be darned if I know why there is such a difference in taxes by FMCA versus taxes by a company residing in the state!

Every time I try to understand the FMCA Invoice from Micheliin, I just get a little more confused. It appears that the County tax, and Local tax add up to the State Tax, exactly, so $41.94 may be subtracted from the 123.02 total, but that still is much more than charged by the local company. I sure wish I understood it all.

I rescinded my financial dealing with FMCA, as the price at Beale was better suited for me.