TONYLACEY

Michelin Tire Program

Brett

I only have limited information as I was not directly involved. The best I could discover was it was definately a larger tire. The Adjuster used that as the excuse that since the mileage was no longer accurate and the warranty was based on miles, the change voided the warranty. The Owner said they tried to argue with the adjuster and said they would accept a couple % decrease in the warranty life but according to the owner the adjuster was adamant.

The current repair estimate was large enough that the Ins co would not approve the repair until the adjuster viewed the RV so it obviously was not a small claim. It appears the policy cancelation definitely worked to the insurance company benefit.

In the brief discussion with the owner the conclusion we came to was that the insurance co was just looking for an excuse to avoid paying for repairs. The owner did say they were told they would get got a partial refund of their payments. (payments minus previous claims).

Looks to me the Ins co was looking for a loop hole.

My advice is to get something in writing from your insurance co if you are considering changing tire size. Nothing saying they have to be logical on their exclusions.

Sorry I can't provide more details.

Yeah...typical mistake most people make is believing these are "insurance policies." The fact is they are not. These companies are not regulated like insurance companies. These are merely extended warranty "contracts." And, the letter of the contract is strictly followed and must be read and re-read to not be fooled.

In my opinion, these warranties are a waste of money for those folks who do not like to read the contract before dishing out the money for something they do not understand.

My advice is to get something in writing from your insurance co if you are considering changing tire size. Nothing saying they have to be logical on their exclusions.

I don't know, with todays electronics, why a person would change tire sizes and not have their speedometer recalibrated. One, this would give a response to the Warranty Co. that your mileage was accurate and two, it would sure help eliminate the possibility of tickets because your spedometer was wrong. :unsure:

I have a 2002 Monaco Executive with Goodyear G391E 295/80r22.5 tires. They are the original tires (ten years old) with 46,000 miles and a lot of tread remaining. However, one of the steering tires is developing a long split in the sidewal (no impact, just normal highway use).

Should I replace all eight with Michelin XZA-2 energy tires? If so, should I go to the 315 width for the steering axles, and stay with the 295 width for the drive axles and tag axles?

If so, what is the "Program" price for 2 315's and 6 295's?

Dale

Tony-

Over the next several months will need new tires for my coach. I presently running Goodyear 295 80R 22.5 load range H.

Thanks for the quote- kniowing that tire pricing changes regularly.

Anyone know if the LTX M/S series is included in the FMCA program? Need six 225/75R16. When I follow the link from the FMCA instruction page to michelinrv.com the XPS Rib is the only one shown in that size indicated as being in the program. Thanks!

I just got off the phone with Costco and they are now selling Michelin 22.5 inch HD truck tires ( like the XZA2). Naturally they have to be ordered and they do NOT install. You would have to check with your local Coscto to see if they will order. The only difficulty would be transporting them to where you will have them installed. I wont post the price but if you have your own truck or can borrow one at no cost you can save over $33.00 a tire from the prices that some of the RV clubs are charging ( Monacoers International and FMCA). For those who do not belong to those clubs this a nice option. You will know the price up front.. Might not be worth the bother for 2 tires but if you need 6 or 8 that is a decent saving.

Moisheh

Hello hanls31....I am in the same boat you are. I need the same tires you need for my class c. I noticed the xps rib tire was the only one in the program and was just wondering if that is a good replacement for the tires on the motorhome now. Interested to find out...

I would not bother doing that comparison. Just read some of the other forums and you will quickly discover that GoodYears are horrible tires ( G670). I too had a bad exp[experience with those tires. I would not put the GY's on a wheel barrow!

BTW : If for some reason you do not want to buy Michelins there are many other excellent choices: Hancook, Toyo, Continental and more. My personal choice is the Michelin.

Moisheh

I want to replace 8 original Toyo 12R 22.5 tires on my 2004 Country Coach. I have read on this blog that the Michelin XZA2 315 80R 22.5 have more benefits, but because they are wider, could rub or cause problems. Is this a real problem or are both sizes equally compatable? Thanks for any suggestions.

Larry

My RV Holiday Rambler Scepter 40' is equiped with Goodyear G670 275/70 22.5.

I wonder if I could replace the tires by Michelin with 80 rather than 70 and what would be the price of these Michelin?

Not to belabor the topic but I want to get rid of my Goodyears and I need to know how the FMCA Michelin Tire Program works.

I need 8 tires in either: 295 80R 22.5 or 315 80R 22.5

Can anyone give me an idea of the pricing and whether it is better than a local shop or Costco?

I'm not familiar with the Michelin line up of RV tires and would appreciate some guidance from you. I own a 2004 Forest River 37' (Ford) and have Goodyear G670 245/70R19.5 LRF installed. I was just in the process of getting pricing to have them changed out when I came across the notification about the Michelin program in an FMCA email I had filed away. Can you tell me the comparable Michelin tire for my RV as well as the next tier up from my existing tires and provide some estimated pricing? My Goodyear replacements (Same size, Load Range G) are coming out at about $570 ea. installed (labor, balancing, valve stems, tire disposal, etc. included). Sure would be interested to see a comparison. Thanks

We are running 275/70R 22.5 Tread 1 J load range #90059 on all six wheels on a 38" Dutch Star motorhome. I would like to run 305/70R 22.5 load range L #95623 even though I would have to change to 8.25" wheels on the front.

I need a price on the 305s.

Here is a PDF that lists sample prices for some common Michelin RV tires, under the Advantage program:

michelin_advantage_sample_prices.pdf

For estimated pricing on additional tires not on the sample list, please contact the FMCA Membership department at membership@fmca.com or (800) 543-3622.

Links to the Michelin Advantage Program pages on FMCA.com:

Tire Connection -- Michelin Advantage Program -- General information about the Michelin Advantage Program

Instructions for using the Michelin Advantage Program (FMCA member sign-in required)