TONYLACEY

Michelin Tire Program

HomerLee,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please use the links/information in the post just above yours to get pricing.

This is handled by staff at FMCA, not anyone on the forum.

Thanks.

I asked for a quote from a local tire center that said they are participants in the Advantage program. They were WAY higher than the sample price sheet posted here! 315/80R 22.5 they want to charge me $927 each (includes tax, mount, disposal etc) but dang that seems high! Does anyone else have a similar experiance?

Butterfly9,

I just had Wingfoot's Goodyear at 11957 Douglas Ave, replace all 6 tires. Used the Advantage program with FMCA. Better price than any other I could find in Des Moines.

I've been trying to find replacement Michelins for our coach (235/80 22.5 XRV) but they are always on back order. Michelin's web site lists an XZE in my size but, is it a good replacement for the XRV?

tomboy257,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

On a previous coach, we indeed did choose to go with the XZE series. No issues on over 100,000 miles.

How can I find the participating dealers in my area for Michelin tires. I live in Fenton Michigan, between Flint and Detroit.

Hi Roland.

How far away is Flint or Detroit? What your looking for is a truck tire dealer not car. Then call and ask if they participate in our fleet program.

Carl

Simply follow the Michelin Advantage Program directions for use and you'll find a listing of Michelin Service Providers.

Using the Michelin Advantage instructions use the link to the Michelin Tire Company. Once on the MIchelin Tire page there is a selection for Michelin participating tire service providers. I recently had to replace all six (6) tires on my 2006 Mountain Aire. (I purchased it used and believe it or not it still had the original tires on it which were made in 2005- ) . Using the Michelin Advantage program I saved not less than $433. 00 but actually saved $619.00 in comparison to what an RV Authorized Newmar Service provided quoted for the same tires. This $$ saving alone justified continued membership in FMCA for several years to come.

What a great organization.

Bob

Edited by motumobile
I forgot a comment.

Here is a link to the Michelin Tire Dealer Finder.  These are specifically truck tire dealers.  They have the tires sizes we use for our motor homes.  You are looking for the dealers that can handle the Michelin National Accounts.  Look at the symbols at the bottom of the map.  Each dealer found will have a set of those symbols indicating which services they offer.  The symbol for National Account Dealers is near the bottom.  If a dealer doesn't show the National Account Dealer symbol, they won't be able to help you with the FMCA Advantage Plan.

Be sure to compare pricing of Michelin vs. a competitor (BF Goodrich is the same Michelin tire with a different brand name).  I just paid $775/tire installed for my Michelin 12R 22.5.  Way more than I had expected.

Ok, I have spent a few hours researching this. The tire size I am looking for is 255/80R22.5. I look at the 11 page Michelin RV tires by MSPN and get 8 choices for that size with an invoice price range from $331.77 to $503.10 (most are in the $339 range). How do I sort this out for what to buy? Four are tread pattern XZE and four are XRV. I hate to be stupid, what am I missing?

24 minutes ago, moisheh said:

Has anyone heard that FMCA may be dropping the Michelin program and going with Continental?? Or is that just another rumor???

Moisheh

It is already after closing time in Cincinnati. 

I am not aware of any change to the Michelin program. 

But, rather than speculate, let's wait for the facts from FMCA Staff in the morning.

5 hours ago, moisheh said:

Has anyone heard that FMCA may be dropping the Michelin program and going with Continental?? Or is that just another rumor???

Moisheh

FMCA will retain the Michelin program which also includes the BF Goodrich tire line.

In addition FMCA will be offering the Continental tire line. I don't know when this will happen but it will be soon. All that needs to happen is the contract signing. The program was voted on at the last executive board meeting earlier this month and approved. No need to wait until morning, I got the info from my area president

13 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

OK gang, this post started in July of 2011. So many things have happened since then. Don't you think it is time to put it the rest?        :huh::huh:

Herman

Old post never die they just move down till the next person drags them back to the surface.:P

Bill

Was looking for passenger car tires and one of the local dealers has a policy of only accepting it for passenger/TOAD vehicles when the RV has tires purchased as well.  The nuances of the marketing and implementation are not lining up to make for a happy customer, but then again it is the weekend and there is another dealership chain to check with before I go another route.