pattie1tom

Air Conditioner Thermostats Replacement

Hello all

I was wondering if any one has ever replaced the standard slide style (analog) a/c thermostat with a digital thermostat and what make/model you used.

Thanks

Tom Forcier

Pattie1tom@aol.com

What brand of air conditioners do you have? I've never had anything but digital thermostats with our Dometic Duo-Therm air conditioners/heat pumps. If you have a standard household type thermostat I would think they could be replaced with any digital thermostat available at Lowe's, Home Depot or other hardware store. I've done that with every home I've owned in the last 30 years. It is a simple operation, takes less than 30 minutes. I've just never heard of using the home style analog thermostat in modern motor homes.

It is a Coleman a/c unit on our 2011 hurricane. The thermostat is a Coleman mach ar7807, 12 volt thermostat. House hold thermostats are 24 volt thermostat systems. I was reading one article that says you can use a 24 volt thermostat household unit as long as it has battery backup.

Since I have no experience in this case I'll simply wish you good luck. I'm sure someone has looked into this conversion.

I just installed a digital Coleman Mach thermostat yesterday it is a direct replacement for the Analog Coleman thermostat and is easy to install. No modifications are required. Cost of Digital around $75.00 including the shipping cost.

Most thermostats have rh rc w g y c

as long as you use the battery and not c on the stat it will work as that is what would complete the 24v ac power and will argue with the 12v dc