vgalewick

Performance Chips or ECM Reprogramming ISL For More Power

My coach has a Cummins 400 ISL, and I am interested in more power and better mileage....who isn't?

There are numerous companies that sell aftermarket "chips" that claim 20-45% more power and 15 to 20% better mileage, for about $700....I spoke with my Cummins service rep, and he was surprisingly positive about it, and told me how his Cummins powered Dodge truck added 200 horsepower with such a "chip"....

He also offered to upgrade me to 425 horsepower for only $125, with the Cummins software package. I am very interested in finding the best possible company to buy one of these from, and I am hoping someone has a good experience and could provide a referral to a good company to buy from...here is a link to one of the companies I have looked at:

http://illinoisdynocenter.org/

I am surprised that no one has had any information to add to this thread...has no one tried any of these power adders ? I guess I will volunteer to be the 1st and report how well it seems to work...

vgalewick

2009 american allegiance

400 cummins isl

I have a 400ISL in a 38' 2003 country couch with 2 slides and a tag axle, I had the computer set up for better fuel consumption. I have gained 5 to 7 ten of a MPG over the last 30K miles, This includes the Colorado mountains, Alaska, Boston/Washington DC, Texas. After this was completed they tested on the Dyno with 395 HP to the ground. The cost was 1K. I am well pleased with the tune, I can run with 500 HP Cummins and 625 Cat's all pulling a vehicles 4 wheel down.

Just for your information I did not really realize the extra fuel consumption and power until I turned over 42,000 miles.

Just added Bully Dog Heavy Duty Tuner to my ISL.....have not made any trips yet but seems stronger.  Set on the Economy + Performance setting which is supposedly an ad of 15% power and ups the economy.  Will keep you all know once I have more time driving it.