mtpizza

Grand Junction CO RV Parks

My wife and I will be spending at least a month in Grand Junction in late Oct and probably all of Nov. I will be having some surgery at the VA hospital while there. Any comments and suggestions on a good park near the hospital.

I notice KOA has a park near there and Grand Rivers Mobile home and RV park is very close.

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks

Tim and Miriam

There are two state parks in GJ/Fruita area that are well recommended by others but my guess is that they are restricted to 14 days per stay.

If you are able, you could alternate between the two. There is another private park there that I almost stayed in called Monument RV Park that doesn't look too bad.

You might also try www.rvparkreviews.com for other options.

These guys get good reviews HERE .

Another one that is okay is RV RANCH in Clifton. It is probably easier to get to the VA hospital from the RV Ranch. It is a half block off the I70 business loop and the loop goes right to North Ave where the hospital is located - 5 or so miles away.

I have a hip replacement scheduled next Monday and we will be in Palisade (abuts Clifton which abuts Grand Junction) until late November or December 1st. Depends on when the doc releases me so we can head south to AZ for the winter.

Can't offer you a site to stay on because some good friends are staying with us to help us during the recovery period.

Although we are full timers, we are 1/3 owners of a commercial peach orchard and we stay here during part of the summers to help with the harvest.