jarz09

Generator Shows Charge But No 110 volts

Today I started my MH and ran the engine for a while (10min.). Every thing was OK then I started my generator. It took a couple of starts to catch on (has not been started for a while). The generator went to high idle then dropped to the pre running rate 1600 then to the idle speed 1000rpm. I was waiting for the 110 power to show up on the coach panel-- no read out?

Then I check the Silverleaf it showed 110 volts output, ran a diagnostic thru the Sliverleaf no defaults. The Silverleaf also starts and stops the generator. So then I turned on the AC no response. House panel still not showing a volts OOOO.

I turned off the generator unit and tried a couple of time more not response. I checked the breakers-- all good. Look at the Electrical cabinet all fuses were lit up (all good) Most are 12volt though. Does anyone know were the problem could be, I would like to fix this problem myself or have any possible reasons the voltage is not getting transferred to the coach.

The motorhome is Country Coach Magna 2002

Thanking one with some answers in advance' Ross' B)

120 VAC goes from the generator to the ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) and then to the 120 VAC breaker panel.

IF, repeat IF you are safe working around 120/220 VAC, check for power in and out of the ATS. Particularly if the generator and shore power have been shut off under heavy load, pitting of the points in the ATS is not uncommon. Sometimes a light, sharp rap (like with the handle of a screwdriver) will free up the points in the ATS. That does not mean the problem is solved.

Brett

Thanks everyone. I feel sort of stupid ?, the last time I was cleaning the MH I also wiped down the generator, I mush have turned off the breaker switch without noticing or maybe my grandson who was helping me (2+) did it (not). But thanks for bringing me back to reality and telling me to look for the simplest answer.

Rz' :lol: