apassmore

Tire Comparisons

I am running Bridgestone 12R/22.5 R250 tires, on my Country Coach 40 ft motorhome, and they look great!!!!! The problem is, the date codes are about 10 years old.

I have looked for replacement tires, and have come up with some gold-plated prices. In receiving quotes, I have also been introduced to some brands that I am not familiar with.

Does anyone know about Dayton tires in that size? They are owned (?) by Bridgestone, but I do not know how they compare when it comes to ride, wear, etc.

Any comments?

Dayton is part of the Bridgestone/Firestone family. I believe Dayton truck tires are made in same plant with many of the same materials as used in other brands from the company.

You can check HERE to see which plant made the tire.

A few things to consider when selecting a tire brand:

Where can you get the tire serviced or have Warranty work done?

Does the company offer or include any road-side assistance?

How big is their dealer network?

Will you be able to get service near-by or will you have to return to the store that sold you the tires originally?

I am running Bridgestone 12R/22.5 R250 tires, on my Country Coach 40 ft motorhome, and they look great!!!!! The problem is, the date codes are about 10 years old.

I have looked for replacement tires, and have come up with some gold-plated prices. In receiving quotes, I have also been introduced to some brands that I am not familiar with.

Does anyone know about Dayton tires in that size? They are owned (?) by Bridgestone, but I do not know how they compare when it comes to ride, wear, etc.

Any comments?

I am no tire expert, but everything I have read on tires suggest strongly that you have pushed the envelope into a dangerous situation as it related to your tires. Tires can look great on the surface, but structural they can be a disaster just waiting to happen. As a rule tires need to be checked at 5 years and at 7 years replaced. You might want to look at the new FMCA Michelin Tire program which is offering what I would consider great pricing.