Sign in to follow this  
ramblinboy

Navistar (Monaco) Plant Closings

Thanks for posting this information. I like to keep up with the company. This is quite a change for the folks in Oregon. Navistar/Monaco are obviously doing what they need to survive.

As a current Monaco owner this comes as no surprise to me. I have been predicting that Monaco will be hard pressed to survive. The way Navastar treated warranty issues for units purchased prior to the bankruptcy did not create goodwill policy. As one of those owners I can say without reservation I would never buy or even consider another Monaco.

Ray

As a current Monaco owner this comes as no surprise to me. I have been predicting that Monaco will be hard pressed to survive. The way Navastar treated warranty issues for units purchased prior to the bankruptcy did not create goodwill policy. As one of those owners I can say without reservation I would never buy or even consider another Monaco.

Ray

Ray, sorry for your feeling toward Monaco. Did Navistar treat customer wrong, yes. Have they made changes that customers don't like, yes. But now any coach built before the bankruptcy is out of warranty.

But I for one feel that Monaco has made in the past one of the finest production coaches. I probably would not look at a newer coach by Monaco, but if I have the chance to purchase a pre-buyout I would consider it.

Again, sorry for your feeling but I still love our 2002 Dynasty. :)

I for one am grateful that Monaco continues to keep their service and parts department active so that I can get the help and parts I need to keep my motor home in top shape.

Navistar had no obligation to do anything for previous owners. Monaco was purchased out of bankruptcy which wipes the slate clean. If the new Navistar/Monaco RV LLC can continue in business, it will be a major achievement. The RV industry and motor homes in particular are facing an increasingly difficult market. Who knows how much more difficult things could be? One thing is for sure, the RV industry of the future will be much different than it was in the past. That doesn't mean that things will necessarily be bad, just different. Sometimes adversity brings positive changes.