HarleyJones1

How do I view only posts since my last visit?

Is there a way to view only the posts made since my last visit? I know about the 'Today's Active Topics' link on the bottom of the main page and the 'View New Content' link at the upper right of the page, but I would like to go to one of my 'favorite' forums and only see the posts to that forum since my last visit if possible. In the help section it refers to 'View New Posts' link in the member bar at the top of each page. I haven't been able to find such a link, or I maybe don't know where the member bar is.

If this feature is available would someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance...

I don't know of a way for you to go to a favorite forum and see only the posts to that forum since your last visit. However, here are a few shortcuts for viewing new posts ....

In the list of topics (threads) under each forum, there is a small square icon to the left of each topic title. Click that and it will take you to the most recent post that you have not yet read.

For example, if you are in the Weight and Tire Safety forum and want to see the first unread post in the thread called "Tire Comparisons," you would click the square icon -- denoted by the red arrow in this screen shot:

post-220-0-96284700-1312464430_thumb.jpg

Also, the first post, last post and latest unread post in a topic can be read right from the topic listing, with the inline topic preview feature. You have to hover your mouse over the "view topic preview" icon, as shown in this screen image:

post-220-0-48186100-1312464429_thumb.jpg

Perhaps an easier way to monitor new posts is to use the Watch Forum and Watch Topic functions. They allow you to keep an eye on only the discussions that interest you, because you can choose to receive e-mail notifications when NEW posts are made in the forums/topics you choose to"watch." To read more about that, click here.

I thought that as you leave the forum, click on the "mark all forums as read" icon in upper right... then when you next return, click on the "view new content" .. and the only ones that pop up are the new ones..

I thought that as you leave the forum, click on the "mark all forums as read" icon in upper right... then when you next return, click on the "view new content" .. and the only ones that pop up are the new ones..

That is exactly what I do.

Yes, if you click "(Mark this forum as read)" at the top-right of a topic listing page, the next time you return to the forums, you will see the square "unread post" icon next to only those posts you have not read.

Another option: On the forums "index" page, in the Latest Post Info column, clicking any topic title will take you to the first unread post in that respective thread. Screen image:

post-220-0-96142100-1312478636_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to all who responded so quickly! I am now using the methods you described and it is working perfectly. As is the case of many of you, I belong to several "users groups" of subjects that interest me or ones where I think I can be a help to others. It is really hard to stay up-to-date on the little intricacies of each forum.

Thanks again for your excellent responses.

Harley,

Try this:

From the FMCA home page, click on Forums then on the upper right click on "View New Content". On the page that opens, By Content type - be sure "Forums" is checked. Next click on

"New since my last visit" under By time period. Finally under Other click on Filter by forum, click on the desired forum then click "Save" at the bottom.