Sign in to follow this  
Oldjoe18

Spending Winter Months In Portland Area

Hello: We are "Rookies" and new to this and are planning on spending December-March in Portland area.

The weather there does not "normally get below freezing but can and I am looking for some pointers on spending those months in our Alpine.

Any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks and Stay Safe!!

Just nosy, Why Portland?

There are so many coastal and mountain RV resorts that offer a great stay, and just a short drive to Portland.

I live in Vancouver, WA. just across the river from Portland and we use every chance we get to "run away".

If I can be of help planning your stay, and even after you get here give me a PM and we can get together.

Larry and Rita

Using the search window in the menu line above, I entered cold weather, I changed the search area from this forum to all forums. I got several pages of results. You might look at some of these articles from past discussions. Here are a couple that looked like they would have some information you want. Keeping Pipes Thawed, Winter vs. Slide Outs

After reading these, perhaps you could ask some specific questions about living in your motor home in cold weather.

Just nosy, Why Portland?

There are so many coastal and mountain RV resorts that offer a great stay, and just a short drive to Portland.

I live in Vancouver, WA. just across the river from Portland and we use every chance we get to "run away".

If I can be of help planning your stay, and even after you get here give me a PM and we can get together.

Larry and Rita

Larry: Thanks for a response. The reason our daughter, son-in-law and grandson live here and she is going to have another baby and has no family there. We want to be close to them. We live in Illinois, we got the coach so we could go back and forth without having to buy a full time place or rent an apartment. They do not have enough room for us and we want our own space. Also we want to do some traveling in the Alpine. We found the Sandy RV Park to be very nice and a great location. So that is it!! Thanks again.

Larry: Thanks for a response. The reason our daughter, son-in-law and grandson live here and she is going to have another baby and has no family there. We want to be close to them. We live in Illinois, we got the coach so we could go back and forth without having to buy a full time place or rent an apartment. They do not have enough room for us and we want our own space. Also we want to do some traveling in the Alpine. We found the Sandy RV Park to be very nice and a great location. So that is it!! Thanks again.

Funny- We bought our coach so we could be with our kids too.

We lived in southern Cal. and bought a big house so our grandkids could spend more time with us, then 5 months later they moved to Wash. My wife called me at work and said "I'm moving to Wash. Wanna retire and come along?"

"Grandkids Hold your hands for a while-your heart forever"

Sandy RV is a very nice park, there are a bunch of them around the Vancouver/Portland area.

We will try and get together while your here, PM me and we will set something up, Tell your daughter good luck with the new baby.

Larry and Rita