rguidry

King-Dome And Dish Network Receiver After Installation

I have a Dish Network Receiver 211K (Pay as you Go) and a low profile, automatic, stationary King-Dome installed. All new. I have been able to get the receiver and antenna to connect to all three birds in the Western ARC 110.119. and 129. Local stations and HD received was great.

Now that I am home and have the RV stored in a covered garage, what do I do? Do I turn off the receiver and turn off King-Dome or leave both or either of them on for when I make my next trip? Do I have to press the search button every time I relocate, or is it automatic? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum.

If you leave your receiver on and the Sat Dish on I believe Dish Network will continue to charge you for usage. There is no reason to leave then on and have the dish to continue to search for a sat. Check with Dish Network on how to activate and deactivate your programing. Then turn both off until you plan to use them again and then call Dish Network to activate the receiver.

Gook luck and let the folks on the Forum know what Dish Network says.

Guest BillAdams

Be sure to call and cancel your DN service when you are not going to be using it for the prescribed 30 day period. While under cover you want to turn off the receiver and the King Dome. Whether you did or did not turn things off you will have to initiate a new search routine at each new location. You should also turn off the King Dome anytime you move from one location to another and power it up (start new search) when you are settled and leveled at your new location.

Be sure to call and cancel your DN service when you are not going to be using it for the prescribed 30 day period. While under cover you want to turn off the receiver and the King Dome. Whether you did or did not turn things off you will have to initiate a new search routine at each new location. You should also turn off the King Dome anytime you move from one location to another and power it up (start new search) when you are settled and leveled at your new location.

That is what I wanted to hear, Bill. Thanks for the reply. None of that information is in the manuals. And, getting through to support at Dish Network is difficult. Last I talked to them, I got transferred 3 times and never got the answer ... was told to call King Control. Thanks, again!

That is what I wanted to hear, Bill. Thanks for the reply. None of that information is in the manuals. And, getting through to support at Dish Network is difficult. Last I talked to them, I got transferred 3 times and never got the answer ... was told to call King Control. Thanks, again!

Hi, I am truly surprised to hear of your delay and phone transfers when calling DISH NETWORK. We have had DIRECTV for many years and have never been transferred more than once and each call has taken about five minutes total.

Guest BillAdams

Hi, I am truly surprised to hear of your delay and phone transfers when calling DISH NETWORK. We have had DIRECTV for many years and have never been transferred more than once and each call has taken about five minutes total.

You have just been lucky! This is the most common complaint from all satellite TV users whether they are Dish or Direct, RV or home user.

Guest Wayne77590

I also have been very fortunate with Dish Network. I don't call them that often, but when I do there does not seem to be the transfers or delays that ya'll are talking about. Guess I'm also one of the lucky ones.

Now watch what happens the next time. Sheeeeeesh!