Sign in to follow this  
RonaldNC

Water valve, hosebib on Rexhall coach

I just bought a 2005 Rexhall American Clipper 315 ... and love it! But there is one thing I can't figure out, and I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

In the service bay on the driver's side, I have the black/gray water clean-outs and the two low point drain valves (hot and cold). Additionally, there is another valve and hose bib (male) located next to the low point valves. Can anyone tell me what this is used for?

Thanks,

Ron Clanton

Hi Ron,

While I do not know your coach, some thoughts come to mind. There should be a way to drain the fresh water tank. This could be it. It's easy enough to figure out. Put some water in the fresh water tank and open the valve. (Does one need to put a hose on the bib or does it drain to the outside of the coach? If nothing comes out, pressurize the water system. Close the pressure source and open the bib. If water comes out, it may be from the hot water heater. Re-pressurize the water system and let the hot water heater heat the water. Open the valve and see if the water coming out is hot. These are a few thoughts on how to determine what the bib is for. Lastly, it may be the way to winterize the freshwater side of your water system.

The bib must be for the clean water side of the water system. If it has anything to do with the sanitation side, it would empty through the gray/black valves.

Ron, I have on 03 Rexhall Aerbus. If the previous suggestions do not work, it is possible the bib is for clean out of the Black and Grey tanks. My Aerbus has a hose bib and selector valve which allows me to flush the black and grey tanks with water. You might try connecting a hose to the bib after you empty the tanks and see if additional water runs thru to the sewer.

Don Hocker

Okay, I figured it out. As I stated earlier, there are two low point valves to empty the fresh water and water heater tanks. The additional valve is apparently to empty the water lines for winter storage. Nice feature, as usually you just have to run all the water out with the pump.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Ron Clanton