roymeyer

Different Tire Brands

Has anyone had experience with Yokohama, Bridgestone, Continental or other brands in a 22.5 H rated tire? I've talked to several shops and some of them suggest these other brands since they will no doubt age out before they wear out and are considerably less expensive.

We replaced our Goodyears for Michelins in the spring. I priced out a couple of different brands, such as Continental and Cooper, and decided to go with what I know, Michelin.

These new tires are excellent. They actually smoothed out the ride a bit, handle beautifully and are smooth as silk vibration wise, a very noticeable difference in every aspect. The price difference works out to under $100/year over the life of the tires, 7 to 8 years. One thing we are doing is putting away a small amount each month for the next purchase and also for any unforeseen surprises!

Don't get me wrong, many others say these other less-costly brands are excellent, but for me I'll pay the bit extra. Good luck on your selection. Let us know what you buy and how they perform.

I replaced my tires last year on my coach and decided to go with Michelin. They are quieter, smoother, run cooler and the main reason is that they STOP when it's wet.

As the previous post, they cost about a $100+-/year more, but that's less than a 1/2 tank of fuel. My car came with Bridgestone (should call then Bridge Rocks they are so hard). Couldn't wait for them to wear out so that I could put Michelin's on it. Now there is so much less road noise and a smoother ride. You definitely get what you pay for.

Sounds like Michelin is the way to go and I found FMCA Michelin Advantage prices in my ares that are really competitive, it knocked $77 off per tire so I don't need to look further.

Thanks for the input,

Roy