tmoning

Forum Basics

If you're new here, hello and welcome to the FMCA.com Community! Be sure to read the Forum Rules.

In this post, you'll find basic information to help you get around the site. If you have any questions after reading this, feel free to post them in "Forum support."

This site is all about helping motorhomers and future motorhomer owners to connect with each other. Your first step is to log in or create an online account, if you haven't already done so, so that you can begin posting messages and photos, and creating blogs. Click the "Register" link above to proceed.

Discussions

This is a great way to get a wide variety of opinions about whatever's on your mind.

To see a master index of all discussion categories and forums, click on "Forums" in the bar at the top of the site. You'll see about 25 categories covering a wide range of topics -- everything from Type A motorhomes and technical topics to campgrounds, destinations and pets. Click on a forum to see the discussions that have been posted in it. You can open those topics to lurk (read without posting), join the discussion, or create your own topic.

To join a discussion, click on a forum or topic. To start a new topic, click the "New topic" button. To reply to a topic, click the "Add reply" button." Then, post your message in the text box, scroll down, and click "Post New Topic" or "Add Reply."

To see all the latest discussions, click on "View new posts" near the top of the page. This "Posts since your last visit" page shows you all the discussions ranked in order of which have the most recent replies, so you can easily see which are the hottest topics at any moment.

Be sure to post in the correct forum. Look at other topics to see where your topic should go. Perhaps a discussion about your topic already exists. Use the Search tool to check.

Note: Whenever a new reply is made to a discussion within a forum, that discussion is bumped back onto the home page, giving more people a chance to see it.

Your profile

Your profile is where you personalize your presence on the site. Often, information in your profile makes it easier for other users to assist you -- and they feel more obliged to help.

To edit your profile, click on the your username in the top right of the screen and choose My Profile. There, you can:

• Edit your profile information -- your location and interests.
  • Edit your "About Me" page. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
  • Edit your signature -- the lines of text that appear at the bottom of all your posts. You can list your motorhome year/model/make, chassis and engine type, FMCA membership number, etc.
  • Add an avatar (the tiny photo that appears next to your posts).
  • Choose a personal photo to accompany your "About me" profile page.

Creating a profile -- with as much or as little info as you want to share -- enhances the fun and information exchange among FMCA.com Community participants.

Reporting objectionable posts

If you see a post that violates the Forum Rules or is objectionable, please report it to a moderator. Just click the Report button, which is under and to the left of every post.

Thanks. This should help people get started and give us a little more information about new users. It is difficult to answer some questions because we don't have information about the kind of rig or where someone is located. The more information we have the better the discussion!

I had to hunt through the menus to find this but finally came up with it.  Assuming that the menus are the same for iPad, in the upper right corner of this page is your user name and photo.  Click on that to get to your account choices.  Go to Account Settings, the fifth sub menu in the drop down box.  Under account settings, go to Signature (menu is on the left side of that page).  When I selected Signature it took a minute or so for the current signature to load (yours may be a blank text box for you to begin typing).  Give it a full minute or two, the drop box will expand and there should be a text box for entering information.  You can also use the drop box where you can add files (pictures or other file).  Hope this helps.

On my drop down, up on the top of home page by my name,  I have the settings part high lighted, but it won't go to the settings page

On 3/4/2017 at 7:53 AM, Erniee said:

On my drop down, up on the top of home page by my name,  I have the settings part high lighted, but it won't go to the settings page

You have to go to "Account Settings," which is two notches below "Settings."

You had a large image of your coach in your signature line, so it was repeated at the bottom of all your posts. I reduced its size and made it your profile image, or avatar.