Sign in to follow this  
jtharley

Entry Steps On My New Dynamax Ultra

I love my new coach but I found one flaw that needs to be fixed.....

My entry steps have about an 8-1/2 inch clearance from the ground when the coach is fully aired up. The "crown" on the entry to my driveway and I'm sure other places makes the guard around the steps scrape. It hit so hard last time out that the steps actually moved about a half inch back.

I'm taking it back to the dealer on Wednesday to have them fix the stairs and try and figure out another type of guard that is connected to the chassis and independent of the factory stair guard.

Another idea they had was to put a spacer on the front shocks and adjust the air shocks in the rear to give me another inch or two in height. My fear with this is it will affect the ride (which is fantastic) right now. Any ideas out there before I take it in next week? I guess I could put on a different kind of entry step but I really like the one that came with the coach.

Well dropped off the girl to the dealer to discuss the clearance on the front jacks and the steps. My guess is that I'm going to replace the steps with ones that will retract and give me about 6" off additional clearance vs. what I have now. We are also looking at ways to raise the jacks. This is the only real design flaw I've seen with my Dynamax. It seems that one of the techs at the dealer drove another 450 UL and he too scraped the bottom of the steps and jacks. The crown on my driveway is 8.5 inches and my clearance is 9.5" which is way too low for a coach this size.