McGoo

Towing Nissan 2011 Frontier 4X4 Manual Transmisson?

I emailed a Nissan dealer about purchasing a 4X4, manual transmission. The following is an email I received from a Nissan Dealer:

Good morning Bill,

I have done some research since receiving your e-mail yesterday. Unfortunately Nissan does not offer a Frontier with a manual transfer case. They do come with a manual transmission. Nissan does not recommend flat towing even with a manual transmission. I would love to earn your business but not at the expense of not being honest with you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with your vehicle needs.

Best,

Next, I emailed Nissan Corp, regards FMCA recommendations: this their response:

September 2, 2011

File # 7254532

Thank you for contacting Nissan North America, Inc.

Please be advised that the FMCA information is correct; it’s the Automatic transmission that cannot be towed with all wheels on the ground.

File # 7254532 has been created to document this concern. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-647-7261 with any further questions or comments. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,

Nissan North America, Inc.

Beverly Ann H. Liwag

Consumer Affairs Representative

Nissan Consumer Affairs

Next I ask about Remco recommendation, according to Remco it must be, "4wd with a "manual transfer case" AND a manual transmission may be safely towed".

And their answer:

Thank you for contacting Nissan North America, Inc.

In regard with your concern, Consumer Affairs department relies on our Nissan dealers to provide any sales and technical information. We advise you to call or visit the sales department of the Nissan dealer where you plan to purchase the vehicle.

File# 07254532 has been created to document your inquiry. If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to call Nissan Consumer Affairs at 1-800-647-7261 and reference your file number. Thank you again for contacting us and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Nissan North America, Inc.

My response:

So what you are saying is that Nissan consumer affairs does not know their product enough to advise me. The dealer has said it cannot be towed (manual transmission). This means I have been put out of the market. Maybe you could have your tech dept contact me with good info?

I am awaiting response also from Remco. They advise only towing with manual transfer case and it appears Nissan (2011)only comes with auto/transfer case? Anyone towing the above vehicle?