tbutler

What Is The Best Way To Stay Connected Online?

On 11/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, jhart50 said:

Supports one device on a hotspot, so we can use a laptop as well as the phone. 

I'm pretty sure you can use a router as your "one device" and then let the router connect to the rest of your network.  That gets around the "one device" limitation.

9 hours ago, docj said:

I'm pretty sure you can use a router as your "one device" and then let the router connect to the rest of your network.  That gets around the "one device" limitation.

I know several users that get the $19 Visible R2  Phone, use it with a router as the one hotspot. 

Question re: FMCA VERIZON DATA Plan - there is a warning of up to 46% more in surcharges.  I hate surprises.  For those with the plan, how close to $50 is the actual billing?

NOT SURE - BUT I ASKED FOR INFORMATION ON THE DATA PLAN ON THIS FORUM - BUT NO RESPONSES.  IS THAT BECAUSE THERE AREN'T VERY MANY ON THE FORUM?, OR NO ONE KNOWS?, OR SHOULD I WAIT A WEEK?

Verizon surcharges (incl. Fed. Univ. Svc. of 18.8% of interstate & int'l telecom charges (varies quarterly), 21 cents Regulatory & $1.23 Administrative/line/mo., & others by area) are not taxes (details: 1.888.684.1888); gov't taxes & our surcharges could add 7%–46% to your bill.

Laurie

Edited by F89847
NO RESPONSES

On 7/3/2020 at 3:41 PM, pgrennan3 said:

With Visible, does anyone know if you can put the SIM card in a brick or Verizon compatible IPAD or must you use a phone?

I noticed that  no one appears to have answered this post.

With Visible, some people report that it is possible to put the SIM into a hotspot or other device.  You may have to change the APN to make it work.  However, doing this violates Visible's TOS and it's possible your service may be terminated without warning.  Some people claim they've done it without a problem; others say they have been terminated for doing it.

1 hour ago, docj said:

I noticed that  no one appears to have answered this post.

Sometimes that's not a bad thing, rather it be this way than bad or incorrect information. 

Greetings, all.

US Navy Veteran of OEF, and we're going to be starting "The RV life," and just joined.

I was actually going to ask if anyone was familiar with Visible, having come across it a few months ago, and see it as a decent option for our web option: 2 cells (wife & I) = 2 hotspots, so can hook up a laptop to one, and either another laptop, or tablet.

Was wondering what others' experiences have been with Visible, On The Road.

On 11/9/2020 at 4:01 PM, allstarr said:

Was wondering what others' experiences have been with Visible, On The Road

I've had Visible for nearly a year and it's so-so at my location in rural coastal TX.  Typically, during the day I get 5-10 Mbps downloads but in the evening it is often <5 Mbps.  Even though it is owned by Verizon, it is considered a prepaid plan in the Verizon hierarchy of plans which puts it near the bottom of the list.  But for the price, it's not a bad deal IMO.

FYI,

Verizon has decided to not renew their contract with FMCA. They will no longer be signing up new users. They will honor the existing users agreements until they need a replacement Jet Pack. They will not replace a J/P and end your service. Sprint Connect is still going strong with FMCA.

Sorry to hear the end of the agreement and would like to thank Verizon for their service.

Herman