Bikerman

Fuse Box Location on Workhorse W22 Chassis

Hello,

I went to turn on my headlights the weekend and for some reason the Instrument panel lights would not come on. I turned the dimmer switch each way, but nothing changed. I have a 2002 Fleetwood Southwind with a Workhorse W22 Chassis. The manual says the fuse box location is determined by the builder. It also says there are two on this chassis. One under the drivers side by the parking break (I found this one :-)) and one in the Engine compartment. I located the fuse diagram in the manual and the one under the drivers side didn't seem to match the picture. I'm having a hard time locating the one under the hood. Has anyone else experienced this problem and determined the problem to be other than a fuse. I need to find the fuse box, but if that proves not to be the problem, I'd like some other suggestions on places to look.

Thanks

Ken & Karen Miller

2002Fleetwood Southwind

FMCA F32345

Soon to be upgrading :-)

I have a 2003. When you are looking at the one you found under the hood, look to the right and up. It is back against the firewall is easy to miss. This box contains the larger fuses. If it's only the dash lights not working the problem may be the switch.

I have a 2003. When you are looking at the one you found under the hood, look to the right and up. It is back against the firewall is easy to miss. This box contains the larger fuses. If it's only the dash lights not working the problem may be the switch.

Hi,

i had considered this, but the headlights work. The pullout switch for the headlights does serve a double function. You have one contact for pulling and a twisting motion for dimming the dashboard lights. I have seen double throw switches before, but they've all either worked or they didn't. Is there a way to test this switch without taking it out?

Thanks

Ken & Karen Miller

2002 Fleetwood Southwind

Will be interested in what you find. I have a '05 Southwind and after it was in the shop for brake line replacement I discovered a lighting problem. I have headlights, bright and dim, turn signals, and brake lights. No tail lights, clearance lights, and background lights on the dash. Brake lights work through a switch on the brake pedal and turn signals work thorough a switch on the steering column. Lights not working operate through the headlight switch on the dash. I have located four (4) fuse boxes and all fuses check OK. Thinking the problem may be the one common thing, the headlight switch. Anyone have any ideas?