Sign in to follow this  
beamer704

Poor Repair Service on Onan Generator

We recently had our Onan generator oil changed at a recommended Monaco repair facility in Elkhart, Ind.

After paying $179 for 3 qts of oil & filter, the service tech called to tell me if I was having any

gen problems lately cause it was smoking & noisy. We hadn't so I authorized him to call the local Onan gen

service center & have them check it out. After returning to Pinnacle RV, the service tech told me it was

fine. A few days later when I started the gen, it smoked so bad that you couldn't stay inside the coach.

I called a RV repairman to check it out & quickly found that it was overfilled with oil. After paying him

$140 for fixing it I called Pinnacle with the results & that I expected them to honor their service guarantee

& reimburse me the $140 to have it repaired. They have refused & ignored all written requests from the northern

Indiana Better Business bureau. Would anyone have some other suggestions I can try to get them to honor their

mission statement ? Thanks.

Paul

I would take them to small claims court. With the second repair, and the reason why the repair was needed I am sure is well documented, or should be..

Incompetent, way over charged how can you lose..

Get that repair garage in front of a small claims judge and you can't lose, especially with the second repair bill, not to mention the damage that more then likely caused, or will result by over filling the generator with oil..Add that to your damages..

Sincerely,JOE

I would take them to small claims court. With the second repair, and the reason why the repair was needed I am sure is well documented, or should be..

Incompetent, way over charged how can you lose..

Get that repair garage in front of a small claims judge and you can't lose, especially with the second repair bill, not to mention the damage that more then likely caused, or will result by over filling the generator with oil..Add that to your damages..

Sincerely,JOE

Thanks Joe;

I would like to do that but since they are in Indiana, & I am on the way to Arizona for the winter, it's not possible till we come back to the midwest next year.

Paul

Paul,

The best advertising is Quality Work and Good Service. The worst advertising is Poor Quality and Bad Service. You have started by just speaking out on the forum. Family Motor Coaching has had a forum in the magazine for help with matters like your, but I haven't seen it lately. However MotorHome Magazine has a Collum call HOT LINE. They will try to resolve problems such as yours. At the same time it give the company that gave bad service the worst advertising possible. If you can get your hands on a copy of MotorHome look on the page "Contact MotorHome" and look at "Resolve a Conflict". You will find all you need.

Hope this is of some help.

Have a great time in AZ.

Paul,

The best advertising is Quality Work and Good Service. The worst advertising is Poor Quality and Bad Service. You have started by just speaking out on the forum. Family Motor Coaching has had a forum in the magazine for help with matters like your, but I haven't seen it lately. However MotorHome Magazine has a Collum call HOT LINE. They will try to resolve problems such as yours. At the same time it give the company that gave bad service the worst advertising possible. If you can get your hands on a copy of MotorHome look on the page "Contact MotorHome" and look at "Resolve a Conflict". You will find all you need.

Hope this is of some help.

Have a great time in AZ.

Thanks Herman;

Thats a great idea & I will do that.

Paul