z3jab1

Hopkins Tire Pressure Monitoring System

I purchased a Hopkins tire pressure monitoring system and was at a truck/car tire center getting my car service and and asked them about the system I purchased.

They have concerns about value stem-type systems. Their concern is caps coming lose -- not compatible with aluminum or brass stems, and the stems needing to be wrapped with teflon tape.

Also, the truck I tow has a factory-installed pressure system. Can I use these caps (when in tow) on that without causing damage to the factory system?

I have been using the Hopkins tps for about 2 years. First on my dually & now on the MH. We have never had an issue with the valves coming loose but for some reason the control monitor will loose one or more of the signals while driving. The factory sent me an extended antenna but it hasn't helped.

Most of the time it works great but I'm always worried that one of the times something happens to a tire will be when there is no

signal.

Thanks,, for the help.

Question: did you wrap your stems, and is the tow car dropping signal or the RV. Also what type of rims do you have and did you wrap the stem before putting on the caps.... In my manual it talks about that..

No I never rapped the stems. At this time I only have them on the coach's 6 tires & not on the toad. The ones that

drop out are always on the back tires. Can't tell you what kind of rims but they are on a 2008 Monaco Diplomat.

Hope this helps.

I have been using the Hopkins tps for about 2 years. First on my dually & now on the MH. We have never had an issue with the valves coming loose but for some reason the control monitor will loose one or more of the signals while driving. The factory sent me an extended antenna but it hasn't helped.

Most of the time it works great but I'm always worried that one of the times something happens to a tire will be when there is no

signal.

I have a different brand TPMS but also occasionally lost signals. I traced the problem to radio interferance!

I had installed a small back-up camera that was wireless from the rear of MH to the control box up front. Never had problems if the camera system was powered down.

Ended up removing the camera and have had zero lost signals from TPMS in last three months which included two week long trips.