clacy

Monthly Budget

I would like to pick the brains of all the experienced class "A" diesel pushers out on the road for your monthly budgets, costs, etc. My wife and I are just preparing to join you and would like to set up a budget. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Clarence - Houston Feel free to send to my personal email if you do not wish to share with all the others. clacy39@sbglobal.net

Clacy,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

We will need a little information to be of assistance:

What motorhome do you have? How many miles on it?

Do you do your own work, or pay for part/all maintenance? How old are the tires-- they are a major expense.

The food expenses are likely to be the same as at home. If you are used to eating out vs cooking all your meals you are likely to continue that trend unless you make a purposeful attempt to change.

Fuel expense will be highly dependent on how you plan on traveling. Driving to a destination for the winter and then back home is different than a new location every night.

Most CG's have a daily rate, lower rate for weekly and lower still for monthly rate. There are 50% off discount programs for CG's such as Passport America.

Thanks John: I ask this question last year while attending a boot camp at Livingston. I have a copy of 5 different owners budget and most of the cost are pretty standard. The older experienced RV's averaged $ 3,500 / month. How does this number look to you? Thanks Clarence

When we retire our budget will be about $6,000 a month without touching savings or IRA's, we hope that's enough. Actually I retired in '98 but went back to work till my wife can retire. Then my step daughter died and we inherited three cats and two grandkids, now 11 and 19. So that delayed our plans even more!