Sign in to follow this  
edandvickie

New FMCA Members

Hello all, we are Ed and Vickie. both early 60's. I am retired, commercial pilot (fixed/rotary) and truck driver and Vickie will retire about the first of the year(cook), good to have on the road. We are seriously discussing and investigating the move to fulltiming. Currently we own a (don't laugh) 1970 Dodge Travco, Grand Lodge. All systems are go in the bus we intend to use next summer to take small excursions and live in the bus for a couple weeks or months at a time. If we can adjust to the lifestyle then we will purchase a newer class A and get down to business. We have two small dogs (Rocky & Sissy) that will accompany us, both around ten pounds and have manners.

Any and all suggestions or just contacts would be appreciated.

We live where we enjoy vacationing (West Tennessee) but would like to plan at least one trip to Grand Canyon and Yosemite.

Would like to meet others that have similar interest.

Hello all, we are Ed and Vickie.

Would like to meet others that have similar interest.

Ed & Vickie, Welcome to FMCA and the Forum.

On this web site you can find FMCA Chapters in your area. Check them out. See when and where they have Rallies scheduled. If one is where you can go, go and meet some really great people. You will make new friends and learn a great deal about any RV topic you want.

So again, Welcome to FMCA, now go, meet, and enjoy. :D

Welcome Ed and Vicki,

Retirement offers so many possibilities. It is an exciting time. Full timing is a great way to see the country or to just try out a few new fishing holes. Like you, Ed, I am a pilot. I'm a private pilot and have rented planes in numerous locations where we travel. I love flying over an area after we have been exploring it by car and on foot.

One thing I will say is that you will never know the true freedom of full timing until you sell the house and start traveling in your motor home. That freedom comes from no longer having a house to worry about or return to for some reason or another. Once you hit the road in the motor home, everything you have is with you and you are free to make your schedule and determine your travels without restraint. Full timing is a big step to take but the rewards can also be great.

Enjoy your journey.