Sign in to follow this  
Larry196

Any BOF Scroll Saw

I just thought I needed a hobby during the boring times (During the Soaps).

I thought about the weight of whatever I found, space limitations and noise created during work.

I was, in my former life, a very active woodworker, and I had about $9,000 in tools and machines -- two garages full -- but that was before the downsizing. (My tools were the last thing I gave up).

So I thought doing scroll saw work would fill the bill.

ANY OTHER SCROLLERS OUT THERE?

Scrolling would be a good hobby. We are going to Texas for the winter and my DeWalt scroll saw (less stand) is coming with. I've made some room underneath and will pack it away for the trip south. Hopefully I can find some GOOD Baltic Birch plywood in the Harlingen area. I've also done some pen turning but the lathe and related accessories are too cumbersome to drag along.

You had mentioned the many tools you had, was a scroll saw one of them?

L8R

Iceman567,

I mounted my saw on a 12 x 12 inch sheet of 3/4 plywood and got two wood clamps to clamp it to the picnic tables, last time I did this I sold about $10 worth of the things I cut to walkers, everyone that came by stopped to talk, we went through a party perk of coffee.

If you plan cuttings that relate to RVs or dogs, everyone in the park will stop.

Larry

Was wondering the same. I am a active scrollsawer and plan to carry with me when I go full time. Good ideal about mounting it to plywood sheet and clamping to picnic table.

Alot of the stuff I make require a drill press and router table so will probably need to change what I make.

Robert Huffhines

2007 CC Tribute