Sign in to follow this  
Goldenbear

Roadside Assistance

I joined FMCA last week for many reasons, one which will be roadside service. Do I need Coach Net, also? Is this added insurance that FMCA doesn't cover but Coach Net will?

Welcome to FMCA! I can't answer your question because I carry other roadside assistance as well as my chasis manufacturer has a breakdown number to call. So far, so good. We've never had to use any of the above. Because roadside assistance is so cheap, I prefer to be safe, and spend the money. You may want to check the tires section of this forum.

Ward

To my knowledge joining FMCA does not provide you with road coverage. You will get a monthly magazine that gives you companies that do provide this service.

Guest BillAdams

Being a member of FMCA does not provide any kind of road side service. FMCA has teamed up with Coach Net to provides services to their members at a cost. Information on these services can be found here:

https://www.coach-net.com/rvowners/Plans.aspx

You may want to look at other service providers as well such as the Good Sam Emergency Road service:

http://www.goodsamers.com/

Sure glad I saw this post. I was told by an FMCA member this was part of the package. Glad I haven't had to use it.

Which roadside assistance is the best: Coachnet or Good Sam?

There have been many discussions on a host of topics in the past several years. Using the search function on the second menu line above, I entered Road Service and came up with hundreds of previous discussions. Here is one of them that relates to this discussion. It touches on several popular road service programs and positive and negative experiences with each.

See Coach Net for the complete discussion.

The Fill-In driver is a preference that can be set by individual members. Go to the Members Tab and click on Member Directory and you will see the tabs as well as a "What's This Button" that will tell you about the other tabs.

I live in Newfoundland Canada and I am researching roadside assistance. I came across this site from a Roadtrek Forum!

Can anybody with experience in this department pass it on. I am looking at FMCA,CAA,and Good Sam's

I would not leave home without having Coachnet. They have saved me many times in a very ASAP manner. This summer I had a blowout (two tires) in Lamoni, Iowa, and they found a dealer with tires and they replaces them on very busy I-35, I was on my way in 3 hours. Last year I needed a tow, and they sent a rig that was capable of towing my Safari Simba, again with miminum delay. They can be reached at 877-801-0333 or www.coach-net.com.