Donmarg

Fogged Windows

Has anyone had fogged windows repaired in the western area (ie Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada)?

If so where and were you satisfied with the workmanship?

Also western Canada?

Motion Windows - A Division of Peninsula Glass Company

Director Of Sales

Jeff Kemp

6005 NE 121st Ave

Vancouver, WA 98682

Office: 360-892-2029 ext. 204

Fax: 360-213-1274

jeff@motionwindows.com

I talked to the folks from Motion Glass a few years ago at an FMCA International - I think it was in Perry. They had samples of their work and it looked great. I recommended to a friend of ours who had fogged over SEGI windows he check them out. They made a new windows for him for the side windows in front moving the divider that had been blocking his view at eye level up high enough he and his wife can now see out without bending down. They're as happy as can be with their new windows. I wish I could get our MH out that way and have them do our also.

There have been a number of previous discussions on this topic. There are companies across the US who do this kind of work. I'll include a link to one of the articles which I found by using the search function at the top of this page. This discussion had numerous replies citing other companies, Suggestions on Removing Glass. You will find other discussions and more references in other discussions.

Has anyone had fogged windows repaired in the western area (ie Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada)?

If so where and were you satisfied with the workmanship?

Also western Canada?

We had this problem,got it fixed. The guy calls himself Auto Glass Boss in Mesa Arizona. The price was very

reasonable,and it was fast. He will come to were you are. We are happy and so are the RV owners from the Alfa RV owners (Roadrunners). You can reach Joe at 602 505-3803.

Ray.Vaughn@ cox.net.

We had our windows repaired in Oregon by Dave Root RV glass repair. He is mobile and came out to our camp ground and repaired three windows for us very fast and affordable. They did great work -very clean and efficient. His web site answers many questions daverootrvglassrepair.com after contacting him through the web site and sending him pictures he gave me a quote.

Good Luck

Harold

We had our windows repaired in Oregon by Dave Root RV glass repair. He is mobile and came out to our camp ground and repaired three windows for us very fast and affordable. They did great work -very clean and efficient. His web site answers many questions daverootrvglassrepair.com after contacting him through the web site and sending him pictures he gave me a quote.

Good Luck

Harold

Plus 1 for recommending Dave Root in the Bend, OR area.

More than satisfied & highly recommend him.

the best thing to do is to give a call to the window manufacturer for your RV and ask for a new glass. Not expensive and you can install it yourself

How about a place on the eastern seaboard?

See my post, third from the top I think. The reference I had was for a nationwide service. I know there are shops in Georgia and Florida plus more across the country. If the link doesn't work, reply here and I'll search and update it.

Richard, Try SunCoast Designers in Hudson, Fl. I had 5 windows repaired there last April, very good job. They have parking for about 15 MH, FH, a little tight but Free....We stayed 3days... Cost about 200 buck each window.. They do not go by size or # of glass in a window...Driver side window a little more.. Marvin

Contact a glass company or you need to remove the thermal panes from the casement. The thermal panes are two pieces of glass separated by and bonded(glued) to a metal frame. Once the seal between the metal frame and the glass is damaged then moist air gets between the two panes and the unit must be replaced. The unit is removed by taking the aluminum strips that hold the pane in place out of the window then pushing the thermal pane out of the window casement. Often this results in the thermal pane breaking.

Glass companies do this kind of work all the time. Be careful and tell them it is not an emergency. Get an approximatel quote on the phone from a few companies before calling anyone in. Glaziers (the men that work for glass companies) are not the cutting edge of society so I suggest that you have someone one with you when you invite one into your home. They will often do the job cheaper for cash.

Although I am not from your area, I can tell you what I did. My driver's side window fogged up and Monaco was going to charge $600 not including instalation. I went to a regular window repair store and asked them if they could help. It became very simple. I removed the whole window frame, which is not dificault, although it was rather heavy. They in turn had the window made and installed into the frame. I then installed everything back into the motorhome. Total cost was $100!!!

For those in the mid-west or central area try www.rvfogdr.com . Searcy, Arkansas. The Fog Doctor. Owner is Charlie Adcock. Charlie is also the South Central Area of FMCA National Vice President.

Tell him Herman sent you. He won't charge you any less but he may give you a hard time.

Great folks and Great work.

I am a new owner, I got a great deal on a Fleetwood, but many of the windows were fogged. (probably why I got such a good deal. I just had my windows replaced by RV Glass Repair in North Carolina. My drivers window was bad enough that I didn't want to drive it to the shop. They had the "pattern" and shipped it to me. I had a friend help me remove and reinstall the new one. it wasn't lots of work, but I don't want to do as many as are needed. I took my coach to RV Glass Repair in Greensboro NC to finish the rest. They had the coach about a week and fixed 6 frames. It was easier than taking it and waiting while they did the work. i am not a full timer, so paying someone to do the work and leaving it with them while it was done worked better for me. They did offer to allow me to stay and had hook ups, I just didn't want to wait.

I would recommend them for anyone around. I have heard good things about Florida group, I felt it was less expense when you added gas and time to have done in NC.