Sign in to follow this  
jortucson

2011 Subaru Forrester Baseplate

Anyone installed a Roadmaster baseplate on a 2011 Subaru Forrester? Just wondering if you ran into any issues. We just got this car to replace our 1999 Subaru Legacy toad. I installed the baseplate on that one. Seemed like it took me a couple of hours or so.

I intend to buy a new tow bar -- the Roadmaster Sterling All Terrain -- and I guess I'll have to get a new baseplate, too. Checking with Roadmaster now.

Thanks.

jor

Jor,

May I pick your brain about towing a Subaru Legacy? I've just graduated to a class A that has enough power to tow a dinghy. My last rig was a Toyota based 21' and it was not a tow capable vehicle.

I have a '95 AWD Subaru Legacy 5 speed manual transmission wagon that we have owned since new (thus I know and trust the car). I have read that Legacy's can be towed. I am hesitant to tow this until I learn more about what is needed, eg. a transmission cooler. Can you tell me how your Legacy was set up and give me some tips? I have been planning on having my spouse follow as we head south. Can these older Subarus be towed without damage?

Your thoughts and experience will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, do you happen to have a Roadmaster 909-1 front rig available? If so I would like to purchase it.

Dave Oglevie

Chelan, WA

Jor,

May I pick your brain about towing a Subaru Legacy? I've just graduated to a class A that has enough power to tow a dinghy. My last rig was a Toyota based 21' and it was not a tow capable vehicle.

I have a '95 AWD Subaru Legacy 5 speed manual transmission wagon that we have owned since new (thus I know and trust the car). I have read that Legacy's can be towed. I am hesitant to tow this until I learn more about what is needed, eg. a transmission cooler. Can you tell me how your Legacy was set up and give me some tips? I have been planning on having my spouse follow as we head south. Can these older Subarus be towed without damage?

Your thoughts and experience will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, do you happen to have a Roadmaster 909-1 front rig available? If so I would like to purchase it.

Dave Oglevie

Chelan, WA

Hi, Dave. You're lookin' good with that Suby. It's towable 4-down as is. With our 99, we just put it in neutral, turn the key to accessory and off we go. We just replaced our 99 with a new one, another standard transmission. Same deal as the older one - neutral and accessory, tow it as far and as fast as you like. Re the tow bar, you might be in the pink on that too as I just bought a new Sterling and was just thinking about what to do with my 901. I wonder if the baseplate on my 99 will fit your 95? Just might. Anyhow, send me an email and we can discuss it. My mail is oiga at comcast dot net.

jor