lebjdixon

Best Campground in Ocala, Florida

We are planning a trip to Disneyworld in Nov. We will be traveling from Mobile, Al., and will be traveling south down I-75 and would like to spend a night in the Ocala area.

Has anyone stayed at a campground close to the Interstate in this area? If so, what do you recommend. We will be staying at Ft. Wilderness the next day, and should arrive early, so we will park our motorhome in parking lot til campsite is ready.

Thanks.

Brenda

I spend the winter at the Ocala Sun RV Resort...it is NOT the one you see when coming down I-75. Get off at the exit for Highway 484 (The same exit as the Don Garlits Museum). Take a right at the exit and Ocala Sun is 1/4 mile on the right. Lightning fast Wifi, flat lots, awesome showers in the clubhouse, nice pool. this place has it all.

Please tell Denise and Shawn that Rick from Vermont sent you.

Silver River State Park has a very nice campground. It is located just a mile or so south of Silver Springs and right on the outskirts of Ocala. Best way to get there traveling south is exit 358 off I75, travel east on 326 maybe 5 miles to SR 35, go south about 3 miles crossing SR 40, Silver Springs Amusement Park is on your left, Silver River State Park is another mile or so on your left. Beautiful park, several pull thru's, some 50 amp, but no full hookups. Very easy and roomy dump station. We've stayed there several times. I recommend backtracking to exit 358 when you leave and you will never get into the city of Ocala traffic. There is a travel center right at exit 358 if you need fuel.

I recommend using the Turnpike as you continue south and consider Lake Louisa State Park on US 27 near Clermont. 12 miles to Disney, some pull thru's, some full hook ups, very nice park, but not much chance getting in unless you make reservations 11 months in advance.

We always use state parks when in Florida so I can't recommend a private park.