dennysnine

Back-Up Camera Not Working

Yes, since they are 12 VDC, there will be a fuse (or should be).

Without knowing what system you have, its age, whether monitor works/camera doesn't, etc it is difficult to really assist.

Once you have verified that you do have 12 VDC to the system, if it doesn't work, my suggestion is to contact: http://www.rvcams.com/Default.htm

They are one of the few places in the country that diagnose and actually repair rear view systems (cameras and monitors).

We have a 2005 Monaco Dynasty and we recently encountered the same problem with our back up camera...The audio works but the video does not. All I get is a reddish brown blur along with some scrolling and fluttering. I checked the harness in the back and it did not correct the problem. I was told that it might be either the camera itself or the wiring harness has some corrosion...

Does the power light on the monitor come on? There have been lots of problems with Weldex. Mine would work for 30 or 45 minutes and then have nothing but lines on the screen. Then it would be a blank screen. As far as I know all Alfa See Ya motorhomes had the Weldex system and most owners who have not already changed them out are looking at doing it. I cleaned the cable connection to the camera and it helped some but the picture is still borderline. Probably will change the system out when we get back home next week.

We have a 2008 Travel Supreme with a Weldex camera, it works when it pleases which isn't very often.

I haven't read anything good about Weldex and it doesn't matter the make of coach, they all suck.

We took the assembly off the back and our WELDEX was taped together but halfway unplugged. It worked 700 miles then quit. Cleaned contacts electrical tape and we are good to go!

I have a Tradewinds 40C 2006, I had problems with the backup camera just months after purchase. Took it to the factory and they ran a micky mouse fix under the coach ... cable not screwed together on the rear of the motor .... mess...

Bottom line the connector was not screwed together ... at the camera end... on their fix... so it came apart. Now I am faced with trying to capture the end ... worked all day no luck.

So, I have replugged in the original cable to the camera, and am hoping someone knows the routing for the camera cable in a National Tradewinds ... 40 C .. I have their system pdf ... but it tells nada about the original cable routing.

If ANYONE KNOWS HOW THIS IS ROUTED THROUGH OVER HEAD.. I THINK ... PLEASE LET ME KNOW..

BOTTOM LINE WITH CAMERA PROBLEMS, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD CONNECTIONS AND THE CABLES ARE FASTEN TO PREVENT THEM FROM PARTING WITH VIBRATION.

Backup cameras in rear view are like 100-200 dollars, and if you already have a dvd or nav screen can be put in to that for the same price.

Its a cool idea, but I'd rather have something with a screen always there, than making sure my phone is in the cradle and connected. Oh and 99% of cradles have the phone in portrait, which would suck for a back up camera.

We have a 2008 Winneabago Destination with a Voyager camera system. The monitor on our system will not even powerup. It was working fine now nothing. Does anyone know if their is a fuse I can check and where I might look for it.

thanks

Yes, bforrest, there will be a fuse. Call Winnebago for its location if you don't have a wiring diagram. Have you checked your dash area 12 VDC fuse box? On many coaches, it is in the basement forward of the left front tire.

Brett

Yes they are fused, but not always true a conventional fuse. We have an Alfa Gold motor home ,and it gave me fits for quite some

time. First, there is a switch on the driver side switch panel which has to be on, but can easily be bumped with your leg when getting

into the driver seat.

And the camera is fused to the inverter, so if the inverter (the smaller one) is off, you don't have the back up monitor on line.

Secondly, if your picture quality is really bad, like mine was, get access to the back of the monitor. There are adjuster knobs

for sharpness and color. Its still not TV picture perfect, but definitely a lot better, I can live with it now.

I hope this will help.

happybour,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

When you mention blurry picture, do you mean out of focus or did some dirt get on the lens and / or on the weather housing window?

Rich.

floatndoc,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

I have not used them myself and was hoping one of the members would chime in with some first hand information.

They do work well with a stick and brick structure and there is the possibility of some locations where they might pickup some interference.

You might see if a dealer would allow you to try one by locating the receiver in the coach and walking around the coach with a camera to see what happens.

One would need to replace the batteries on some models or have a way to install and wire in a power supply in the general proximity of the camera(s).

There is one area of the country where ALL wireless equipment is forbidden by law. Can cover that issue if you need information.

Rich.

I had a wireless backup camera on my 5th wheel. It worked fine without a problem. It had good picture quality and sound. It was the Voyager Digital Wireless Backup System. 5th wheel was 37 feet long and I it on a crew cab Silverado pickup truck.

Jaime

happybour,

Got your PM regarding the way the system failed. Question, do you have just the one camera?

The pattern you mentioned, sounds like a failed scan circuit, thing is it could be the monitor, if its a flat screen.

Could you enlighten me regarding the weather conditions, was it fine and you just powered it up again, any noise in the picture before it went blank?

There is always the possibility that you lost the power feed to the camera and that could be behind the camera at the back or up front at the monitor connection.

It might prove helpful to see if there is a security company in your area that would check it out, they work with a number of different systems and doing a complete diagnostic remotely is difficult.

Posting the model numbers, make and year of the equipment would be helpful. There might be others on the forum with matching equipment, along with suggestions.

There is an answer in most cases and with enough feed back the answer could be a simple thing. so lets give it a shot.

Rich.

I recently purchased a 2001 Safari Trek, and the backup camera worked just fine. Then I replaced the old CRT type TV with a new LED monitor. Now, no backup camera. When I opened the back of the RV to get to the camera, I found that there was no power to it!! Where do I find a good detailed electrical diagram for the RV that will show me which fuse powers the camera?

;My weldex 3009 picture was sometimes there, sometimes not. I eliminated the cable by hooking up the camera directly to the monitor. Voila ! Perfect picture.

I installed a new cable (not an easy task) with protective cover from the rear of my 39' RV to the camera, and have had no more picture problem. Good luck

With most Weldex systems you can remove the camera from the rear of the coach, disconnect the cable on the back of the monitor, plug in the camera directly, and test. If all works well probably it is the long cable. If that's not it, Weldex is noted for heat related problems. After replacing 3 monitors, the last one I added a 2 inch square 12 volt muffin fan to the bottom of the monitor. When the power is on to the feed the monitor, the fan runs. The added air flow kept the monitor cool and no further problems.

For parts and assistance, I suggest that you call RV Cams in LA. You can find their web site for the number.

We have Weldex sytem, where would you find a fuse for it?

Ours had a fuse inside a little black filter box inline with the wiring behind the moniter. The new color system also came with the same configuration.