kandrwills

Thetford electric toilet

Can anyone help us with our Tecma Thetford toilet? The other day I put a deodorizer tablet down the electric toilet. I flushed, and shortly after that the power to the toilet went off.

Is there a switch or fuse that we should be looking for? Thetford says to take it in to an RV dealer and did not give us any advice. Thanks.

Karen and Richard

Further to this ... we slept out in the motorhome last night and found that the light on the carbon monoxide detector isn't working, so we are convinced it is a fuse. Now, just to find it.

Hello Richard and Karen,

I assume you got my message I posted on your Blog last night. I was talking about a fuse on the toilet itself. If the toilet and the CO detector are both out, you would be looking for a 12V fuse somewhere in a control panel. In our motor home, the 12V house fuses are located in a panel in the bedroom. I know that many of the newer coaches have electronics located in the closet in the back of the RV. You should have a very good owners manual in your Camelot. Look in that owners manual for the location of the 12V house fuses. You are not looking for the automotive 12V fuses which are located in an outside compartment usually under the drivers seat. We should have a Camelot owner who can further enlighten you but it may take a day or two for them to pick up on this post.

Thanks Tom, We did get your message this morning. We will look at our panel box this afternoon. Karen

My Thetford has an inline fuse holder, yellow, behind the left top of the unit. If the dectector also has an outage it could be a fuse common to both, as stated before, but the Thetford should have it's own in any case.

Good luck with that. My electric Thetford toilet has a gear or timing problem and properly operates the dump valve only about 60% of the time. I have a kit ordered.

My Thetford has an inline fuse holder, yellow, behind the left top of the unit. If the dectector also has an outage it could be a fuse common to both, as stated before, but the Thetford should have it's own in any case.

Good luck with that. My electric Thetford toilet has a gear or timing problem and properly operates the dump valve only about 60% of the time. I have a kit ordered.

Thank you all, we finally got the motorhome in for service since we couldn't find the fuse for the carbon monoxide detector. It took the dealer 2 hours to find the fuse, the fuse cost 67 cents and the labor cost 198.00! AND the furse for the carbon monoxide and the fuse for the toilet were one and the same. Hopefully we won't have any more problems with our toilet Thanks again to all of you. Karen