Looking for campgrounds that offer discounts?

Use FMCA's Campground Connection to find campgrounds that offer a discount of at least 10 percent off their campground fees to FMCA members.

At www.FMCA.com/campgrounds, search for campgrounds by name, city or state/province and the results will be shown on a Google map. You'll find:

• the amount of discount offered
  • links to each campground's Web site
  • campground services and amenities
  • contact information

Then, if you like, plug in your starting point and your destination to get distance and driving directions -- all on one convenient FMCA.com Web page.

post-220-0-05540700-1318276172_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to add a BIG thank you to FMCA for having a 15 site campground at FMCA Mail Forwarding facility. We availed ourselves of this campground on Saturday evening. There were only about 8 MH's here that night. This site was suggested by another member when he read we were headed for Cincinnati for an overnight stay.

The link to this site (it is somewhat hard to find on the FMCA main website). For those that have not used this "Camp Ground," in one night our entire FMCA membership fee was fulfilled.

THANK YOU FMCA!

This is a post started by an FMCA staff member in 2011 who is not with FMCA now. And until 4 hours ago hadn't had a reply since Sept. 2016. Maybe that is why there is an error.

Hasn't been a great push to solicit parks to become members. I will be checking to see what is offered to a park and what or if we can to push for getting new parks on board. 

Herman 

I have found that you cannot stack discounts, so almost any membership will net you an average of 10%. Most RV’s folks are GS members for one or more perks. I just always pull that card out and give them that number.

It became habit when I asked about FMCA discounts and there was silence on the other end, or they had to ask someone and put me on hold.....never fails the line would disconnect...had to call back. 

Yep.  I have always used the GS card.  Every once in a while I'll see the FMCA Logo, after, I have used GS...our logo is never big and not really noticeable!  

The first discount I look for is Passport America 50% off beats 10% every time.  I think FMCA could do a much better job of promoting itself to campgrounds. Maybe a better discount say 15%. Maybe a nice prize to the campground and employee that does the best job. They ( the campground) could offer membership applications to those who arn't members but want to take advantage of the discount. At the very least a counter display of FMCA information. Signage in the office promoting FMCA and how we now embrace all types of RVs.

Bill

I stopped asking when I either got a "huh?" on the phone or a deer in the headlights look when standing at the counter. It amazing how many campground employees have never heard of FMCA.

27 minutes ago, elkhartjim said:

I stopped asking when I either got a "huh?" on the phone or a deer in the headlights look when standing at the counter. It amazing how many campground employees have never heard of FMCA.

YUP, my issue exactly! 

The DW hasn't figured the final number yet, but I'm guessing we visited around 20 different CG's for 2018.  We always run down the list of possible discounts with them.  Usually it will be a PA or GS discount, not one CG has ever offered a FMCA discount.

2 hours ago, ISPJS said:

The DW hasn't figured the final number yet, but I'm guessing we visited around 20 different CG's for 2018.  We always run down the list of possible discounts with them.  Usually it will be a PA or GS discount, not one CG has ever offered a FMCA discount.

You made me think and I had to smile because if I remember right the only places that had any FMCA discounts also had PassPort America and I will take the 50% discount every time.

Got a slow start this year, I think we are on track to hit 30+ campgrounds.

Bill

22 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

You made me think and I had to smile because if I remember right the only places that had any FMCA discounts also had PassPort America and I will take the 50% discount every time.

Got a slow start this year, I think we are on track to hit 30+ campgrounds.

Bill

Actually I may have misspoke, she tells me it will be closer to 17 CGs, plus one Cabela's and one Walmart.  We had some obligations and only got to visit 11 states.  Part of the problem also was that we enjoyed the mountains in Tennessee so much in the spring that we couldn't help ourselves and returned in the early fall.  We are going to have to stop doing that if we ever hope to see most of the rest of the country.

Joe S.

Unless you winter in AZ...you'll do Tenn. like we keep stopping in NM and CO every Summer!  We will be doing the Maritime Providences next Summer, starting from Quebec, Canada, June 19.  We will stay away from Appalachia (or get stuck there.lol) on the way up, not down! :)

Bill, I tried sending mail and phone calls to FMCA in 1983, ref Camp Grounds...here we are 35+ years later, it's still falling on deaf ears! :angry:We missed the boat on that one!  

Good point Carl, especially when you consider FMCA is now open to all types of RVs.  No doubt there would be a lot of folks encouraged to join and remain members if the discounts were for CGs were there.  

On 11/2/2018 at 2:51 PM, elkhartjim said:

I don't ask for specific discounts anymore but I ask, "What membership discounts do you offer?"   They usually hit on one that I have.

On a few occasions I have had an FMCA discount. Sometimes I have gotten a 15% discount being retired military. Now that was nice.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:21 PM, ispjs said:

Good point Carl, especially when you consider FMCA is now open to all types of RVs.  No doubt there would be a lot of folks encouraged to join and remain members if the discounts were for CGs were there.  

So it is now 2022 and I can’t find to many parks that offer any type of FMCA discount

On 11/6/2018 at 8:51 AM, wayne77590 said:

I don't ask for specific discounts anymore but I ask, "What membership discounts do you offer?"   They usually hit on one that I have.

On a few occasions I have had an FMCA discount. Sometimes I have gotten a 15% discount being retired military. Now that was nice.

Yes, This spring I stopped at one RV park on the way home, the clerk noticed my retired Army hat and said, " you get a 20% discount for being a veteran". Yaaa! I made sure I policed my site before we left.